jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the biggest struggle you ever faced and how did you overcome it?

1. Word Pools profile image86
    Word Poolsposted 6 years ago

What is the biggest struggle you ever faced and how did you overcome it?

2. xethonxq profile image63
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

Coping with a breaking when I was still in love with the person was the hardest struggle I endured. I had to go through a grief process and it was painful as hell. The only thing that helped me was the support of my friends and lots of times when I just cried. After time the pain eased and I was able to accept it.

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

My father died when I was 8. The when I was 15 my mother died of cancer.  I am an only child so it was just the two of us and my dog and cat.  I cannot describe the absolute terror I felt at being alone in the world.  My mom was everything to me.  Not too long after that we had to put my cat down due to illness and 5 months later my dog ran away and we never saw her again.

I know it almost sounds funny but it really happened that way.  I thought I would die from the pain of losing my mom - I literally wanted to die and hoped I would.  During the times that the grief was overwhelming, I remembered grieving for my dad and how grief seems to ebb and flow - so I tried to remember that when the pain was too much that soon it would lessen and I would have some good moments.  I did a lot of praying.

And that was 45 years ago and I have had a wonderful life after marrying my husband at 19 and raising a family.  So when pain comes, I try to remember to hang on, that good things will come along again.

4. Brandon Spaulding profile image56
    Brandon Spauldingposted 6 years ago

I used to struggle with anxiety. It was one of the most difficult situations I have ever been through and it almost made me question my sanity at times. I sought help through counseling and applied what I learned.

working