jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you feel about your right to bear arms?

1. DRG Da Real Grinc profile image78
    DRG Da Real Grincposted 6 years ago

How do you feel about your right to bear arms?

2. billybuc profile image87
    billybucposted 6 years ago

For home protection I feel fine about it although I have no guns nor will I ever have one.  We could get into the whole "interpret the Constitution" thing but why bother? Those who believe they can own guns for whatever reason will not be swayed and those of us who think the original purpose of this Amendment does not apply today will not be swayed.

3. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

It wrote a hub about this particular topic. And I think that the Constitution is plainly written and easily understood. My rights as an individual with regards to protecting my life is my business and I should be able to protect my life in any manner in which I choose to do so. There are plenty of people who believe that the Second Amendment is outdated and doesn't apply to today's society hasn't looked outside lately. If they have looked outside, then apparently their perception has failed them. Many people have this ideology that guns are not needed in a civilized society, but fail to realize that society IS NOT civilized. As an advocate for individual rights, it is my duty to help others protect themselves, just like it is the duty of every other citizen who lives in America. It's ironic that citizens of America fail to understand that it is their duty to assist citizens in their protection.

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I feel it is an important right and a grand part of saying we are free.  I worry it is going to be undone someday.  But today, if I am alone in my house and someone trys to get in, I feel I can protect myself - although would only do so if absolutely necessary after trying all other measures.