jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Did Obama change his contraceptive mandate for political reasons or for religiou

1. Joelipoo profile image84
    Joelipooposted 6 years ago

Did Obama change his contraceptive mandate for political reasons or for religious freedom?

2. profile image0
    Mtbailzposted 6 years ago

To be honest I hope it's simply for political reasons. I think it says alot about the churches who are adamently against giving women the right to choose whether or not they use contraceptives, especially in light of the fact that it's not being imposed on churches specifically, but on universities and church related organizations that are willing to hire outside of their religious ranks.

3. gregas profile image82
    gregasposted 6 years ago

My opinion is that everything he does is for political reasons. He is running scared. Greg

4. profile image0
    Gusserposted 6 years ago

He's losing the battle in the public. This guy will say & do anything for votes. CHANGE you can count on.

5. danielthorne profile image38
    danielthorneposted 6 years ago

everything he does at this point in time is motivated to be reelected

6. feenix profile image60
    feenixposted 6 years ago

Obama changed his "contraceptive mandate" for political reasons, period.

7. turness profile image60
    turnessposted 6 years ago

I feel religious organizations should not have to provide birth control if its against their religious beliefs.  However, when you employee non-secular employees you need to provide health benefits for them, (including birth control), this is the quandary.  I believe President Obama is being advised both ways on this issue with his advisers being split on the issue, so is the country for that matter.  I would give to  Ceasar what is Ceasar's.  Let the medical insurance provider free birth control to those that are not Catholic, let the Catholic's go without if they want to opt out.
    Everyone's in election mode at this point.  Thought provoking question.  Thanks.