jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What Makes a Person a Good Role Model for the Younger Generation?

1. J.S.Matthew profile image83
    J.S.Matthewposted 5 years ago

What Makes a Person a Good Role Model for the Younger Generation?

2. YvetteParker profile image75
    YvetteParkerposted 5 years ago

A good role model for the younger generation is one who: (1) is responsible and accountable for modeling good behavior (2) is keenly aware that his/her actions and lifestyles are being watched by impressionable young people, (3) connects well with youth in a positive, constructive manner that promotes healthy minds, bodies, and spirits, and (4) promotes moral values that enhance our society as a whole, and challenges youth to do the same.

3. Brandon Martin profile image77
    Brandon Martinposted 5 years ago

A good role model for the younger generation in my mind, is a person who learns from their mistakes by understanding right and wrong and being able to teach these traits to people who have not yet learned. Being a role model is taking charge or responsibility for your roles on this planet as a human being. When life gets tough, for a child and no one is there for them, they tend to look at what other people do as an example to learn their own rights from wrongs. When you are born, you are born to be part of life's pyramid of success. You are born to experience life, you are born to live life to its fullest and longest, and you are born to be the future... And in order for the next generations to have a future, we have to prove that time, effort, wanting something and being another role model of what you want in the future is what we need to be. We realize this time. With time we make mistakes. With mistakes we learn right from wrong. With right from wrong we learn to be role models. You don't have to be the best to be a good role model, you just have to know right from wrong and show that to the younger generation that watches you. No matter how fast or early we learn, we just need to show the younger generation how consequences beome effects of wrongful actions, words, or intentions. We can only get the better out of life by growing up, becoming better ourselves every single day (along with life's ups and downs, terrible or not). Teaching learned, positive morals to the younger generation.

4. profile image0
    VeronicaInspiresposted 5 years ago

I think a good role model understands that everyone has some level of influence on someone else.

They understand that everyone's' actions and behaviors affect someone else in     one way or another.

They understand that someone is ALWAYS watching and because of that     understanding they try to ensure that the behavior they emit is used to promote the best interests of the other person.

I don't necessarily think that a person had to be a part of a formal mentoring program or anything to make a positive difference in someone's life.

You can affect someone in huge ways by just doing little things: through what you say, or don't say, smiling, asking about someone's day, saying hello to someone on the street, or by just having someone see how you carry yourself when you're out.

And this is something I never really understood with artists and celebrities. They always say, “I'm not a role model,” and try to weasel their way out of it – like they get pass or something because they're a celebrity. Which is crazy to me because THEY'RE THE VERY ONES YOUNG PEOPLE ARE WATCHING!

working