jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What are the top 3 Republican social issues for the 2012 election?

1. GA Anderson profile image82
    GA Andersonposted 6 years ago

What are the top 3 Republican social issues for the 2012 election?

2. Wordsntone profile image58
    Wordsntoneposted 6 years ago

Now, I am answering by offering atypical republican social issue topics.  These are the three I wish they'd address as a long time republican, but first and foremost a biblical Christian:1) poverty, 2) urban unemployment, and 3) dropout schools.  Typically you are going to see abortion on this list--as opposed to abortion as I am, no republican in the oval office has been able to address this issue, nor change a thing on the law side...seriously; or perhaps gay-marriage, but here, too, this social issue is probably best argued more locally.  Personally, these issues are distractions on a federal level, where they'd be best debated on the streets and locally.  I can bet anything that if republicans actually addressed directly the three issues I opted for above, the other more individually personal issues of abortion and same-gender marriage would become less...

3. Attikos profile image80
    Attikosposted 6 years ago

The retardicans' top social issues are the same as the demwits' top social issues:

1. Get a lot of other peoples' money, and use it to party until you drop.

2. Get more money of other peoples', and use it to buy votes.

3. Get still more money that belongs to other people, and use it to purchase the friendship of a hungry media able to shape public opinion by throwing the cash at them on advertisements.

Well, maybe those issues are of more interest to rampaging pirates masquerading as candidates than to real, socially aware statesmen, so they're social issues only tangentially, but consider who we're talking about here. You can't squeeze social issues out of looters, political prostitutes and sociopaths.

4. Kebennett1 profile image60
    Kebennett1posted 6 years ago

The economy I believe is the number one concern. People need jobs, and tax relief. Number two is healthcare, ObamaCare needs to be repealed. The abortion issue I believe is the third issue. Which may or may not be tied into AbamaCare since ObamaCare has the government and employers paying for abortions. Not even churches are exempt!

5. Hubpage Gal profile image60
    Hubpage Galposted 6 years ago

The top 3 Republican social issues for 2012 are as follows:

1.  Creating jobs to decrease the national unemployment rate
    2.  Develop a taxation that is fair for the middleclass as well as the super rich
    3.  Bring the troops home from Afghanistan peacefully without any terrorist uprising