jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Does anyone care if their government does anything legal?

1. eternals3ptember profile image61
    eternals3ptemberposted 5 years ago

Does anyone care if their government does anything legal?

In the past 50 years our government (the US government) has done fairly weird, semi-constitutional things across the globe. Can the US government, in practicality, do whatever they want? Do the Constitution and Bill of Rights even matter to them?

2. profile image0
    Gusserposted 5 years ago

This government went rogue long ago. About 20 years after it's founding. Each successive regime just gains more power. Their end is near.

3. 50 Caliber profile image59
    50 Caliberposted 5 years ago

I think we've reached a crux where the government has different plans than old school Americans who bothered to study the Constitution, Bill of rights, Federalists papers and the changes that have already taken place. I get the feeling that they don't know their history and really don't care to learn it.
    That begs one to wonder if they all are progressives and the "Forward" word used by the Nazis is being used again with the agenda of wiping reference to it's history out.
    Check fast the Wiki reference to it as it has been challenged to remove the references of the past.
    So no, I doubt they care at all,

4. Dr Billy Kidd profile image90
    Dr Billy Kiddposted 5 years ago

This same thing came up about 3 weeks ago. The deal is that governments do what they can get a way with. So do a lot of people. Where there is no threat of retribution, i.e., jail time or capital punishment, there is often no restraint.

working