jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Has anyone had any issues with rudeness in the forums?

1. Margaret Skipper profile image59
    Margaret Skipperposted 5 years ago

Has anyone had any issues with rudeness in the forums?

I figured that since I was new i'd try to mingle in the forums and get to know what Hubpages is all about. But wow I kind of regret that. One of the topics I posted to, sort of went bad! The "know-it-all" poster and another commenter were both rude. I don't know why because I was very polite. Maybe they didn't trust my opinion since i'm new...? Is this a common occurrence? Has anyone else experienced this? I thought we were something of a community, where we help each other...?

2. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

If you don't like to debate stay out of religious or political forums. They are a place for people with opposite views to get together and argue. We are a community, but we are a community of people with different beliefs and views. With that comes moments that can get heated. There are only a handful that take it too far and they are in the forums usually.

1. Margaret Skipper profile image59
      Margaret Skipperposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Oh yeah, i def agree with you on those two. But this wasn't one of those and the topic wasn't really controversial.  I'm not sure what to think.

2. peeples profile image94
      peeplesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You just have to look past the forum trolls sometimes and learn they have no life outside of those forums.

3. rebekahELLE profile image88
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

Unfortunately it does happen at times.  Most forum posters are respectful, but there are definitely a few know it alls.  Don't let them bother you.  I remember when I was new, it took me a while to venture into the forums.  Talk about Gladiator days!  I couldn't believe people were so rude, but they are.  The community is found more on hubs, I believe.  You'll find some fantastic hubbers by reading hubs and posting comments.  Welcome and enjoy HP!

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

This is a very common.  Read through various forums without posting and you will see it is par for the course. I have no idea why the forums are so full of bullies nor why Hubpages tolerates it.

5. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 5 years ago

I'm new here as well. I haven't had such an experience. Although I agree that this is supposed to be a community and since we're all adults we are obligated to have tact and politeness, sometimes the way we write what we want to say may come off as too forceful or even rude. I'd like to see what you wrote, but remember the other members cannot see your facial or hand gestures nor can they hear your tone of voice, so perhaps they misunderstood your intentions. On the other hand, there are people with personal issues and may jump at the chance to attack. But I want to believe that it was a case of misunderstanding.

6. Attikos profile image80
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

For the most part, the forums are a wasteland teeming with antisocial types eager to show how rude they can be with the restraints of face to face contact removed. Unless you enjoy living in a Hunger Games cyberworld, you may as well let them have at it and spend your time elsewhere.