jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

With Obama re-elected, what do you think the future holds in the next 4 years?

1. manofmystery24 profile image60
    manofmystery24posted 5 years ago

With Obama re-elected, what do you think the future holds in the next 4 years?

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

Honestly I think we make too much out of who is president. You control your own destiny. Every year some people succeed and others fail. It always comes back to us making the right decisions or how we react when things don't go our way.

3. Conservative Lady profile image75
    Conservative Ladyposted 5 years ago

We will be rolling down the "fiscal cliff" come January. The Republicans will not compromise without cuts in Government spending but Obama has no reason to compromise because the latest Pew poll shows that most Americans will blame the Republicans for any tax hikes put upon us even though it is Obama who wants to raise taxes.... The economy will suffer even more - our morales will continue to be in serious decline, and this combination will lead to more crimes.
    But on a brighter note - dashingscorpio is right - all we can do is make our own life as good as possible, take care of family and friends and continue to live a good life regardless of who lives in the White House.

4. rfmoran profile image87
    rfmoranposted 5 years ago

I am apprehensive. He is a deeply committed left wing ruler who does not trust free people making free decisions. He is committed to a centrally planned economy, as are his cohorts in Congress. He wants to change the American experience into a European welfare state.

5. adjkp25 profile image93
    adjkp25posted 5 years ago

It's too early to tell.

The President is just one piece of a puzzle with the House and Senate making up the other components.  If one piece doesn't play well with the rest of the other kids in the sandbox we just spin in one spot treading water.

I'm positive Obama has goals and objectives but there are too many things that can derail those plans right now to know how his second term will play out.

6. safiq ali patel profile image72
    safiq ali patelposted 5 years ago

More recession, more depression, more days of white house silence that just does not seem to tell people what their elected President is doing day to day.

7. Any Other Voice profile image60
    Any Other Voiceposted 5 years ago

I think it holds pretty much the same as what would have happened if any other president were elected. The opposing parties trying to thwart his every move and raising up a bunch of arguments instead of working together to make something called "progress".