jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (15 posts)

National Rifle Association (NRA) is calling for armed security at school, is thi

1. alexandriaruthk profile image74
    alexandriaruthkposted 5 years ago

National Rifle Association (NRA) is calling for armed security at school, is this a good idea?

Every school should have unique solution for security since there is already armed security in most places we need to secure, banks and other places, why not school, NRA further added.

Do you agree with this idea of the NRA?

2. LandmarkWealth profile image79
    LandmarkWealthposted 5 years ago

Yes, but that won't happen.  The Gov't won't protect our borders, why would they protect our schools. Everyday violence from drug cartels spills over the southern border and risks the lives of Americans.  Yet they have time to walk guns illegally across the mexican border to the drug cartels while securing the border between Iraq & Iran.

1. profile image0
      CJ Sledgehammerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The real bad guys in this scenario run Washington D.C. They are tempting the fates and by doing so, will offer us protection in detention camps, after they strip us of our guns and the ability to defend ourselves. I fear them more than common thugs.

2. LandmarkWealth profile image79
      LandmarkWealthposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I am not worried about this gov't sending me to a camp.  It there future successors I fear in years to come.

3. Express10 profile image89
    Express10posted 5 years ago

I agree and think it should be that only well trained persons do this. They should be trained as police officers if they are not actual police officers. The US spends far too money to prop up and protect other countries, why not take some of those billions and put them to work on US soil?

1. Express10 profile image89
      Express10posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Off on a tangent, I noticed someone's marked this page as to be cautioned on the WOT score. SHAME on them!

4. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

I don't think anything needs to change. This was a fluke event and someone at the office in the school should have stopped him before allowing him in to walk the halls.

1. profile image0

Fluke event? It happened in Columbine Colorado in 1999, yet nothing was done about it then. The problem is this country is creating more and more morons...and then they place the blame on someone else for their monstrous creation.

2. profile image0
      Old Empresarioposted 5 years agoin reply to this

There have been shootings far more recent than 13 years ago, but not against children this young at a school. I'm against additional security at schools or arming teachers.

5. point2make profile image81
    point2makeposted 5 years ago

It is not a serious proposal. The NRA statements are a case of "what is the least we can do". The coming national debate will center around assault weapons and their accessibility. The NRA needs to be engaged in this debate in a serious way as a full participant and not sit on the sidelines hiding behind the 2nd amendment. Our country is in real trouble here and the NRA can choose to be part of a reasonable and intelligent solution or they can once again choose to "drop the ball".

6. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

I agree 100%!!!!!!! An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Just imagine how many lives would be so much happier this morning if a security guard had taken care of the shooter at Sandy Hook.

The exact same thing happened in my area a couple of years ago in an area high school. A man entered with 2 guns and began yelling, the police officer that was assigned to that school took him out. How many lives do you think were saved that day. He was only shot when he lowered his gun to shoot. Guess what, The best man one.

7. tamarawilhite profile image90
    tamarawilhiteposted 5 years ago

Yes. We could follow the Israeli example of armed teachers and volunteers riding school buses and patrolling halls stopped the attacks on schools and school children in that nation.

1. profile image0

We have a hard time arming our teachers with knowledge, so I don't think arming them with guns will work any better. :0)

2. Express10 profile image89
      Express10posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Criminals and crazies prefer unarmed targets so they can do the most damage. This is why more schools should have armed security. It's already been in use for years at schools around the country!

8. Marcus99 profile image57
    Marcus99posted 5 years ago

I think we should just arm everyone and set a certain time of the week where it is perfectly legal to open fire on everyone in sight. It would make for such great media coverage. Imagine that!

working