jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the silliest reason police have pulled you over for?

1. VirginiaLynne profile image97
    VirginiaLynneposted 5 years ago

What is the silliest reason police have pulled you over for?

I'm a 50ish woman who hasn't had a ticket in over 20 years, but I was recently pulled over by a police when I was driving my daughter's white mustang.  Since I was well under the speed limit and had not changed lanes or anything, I couldn't figure it out.  The policeman said that he pulled me over because "the lights on your license plate are out."  What?  I didn't even know they had lights!  What is the craziest encounter you've had with the law?

2. lindalou1963 profile image76
    lindalou1963posted 5 years ago

I was headed out Christmas shopping a few years ago. Now, you have to know, I have HORRIBLE eye sight. I was driving my husband's truck and my glasses were in my car, so I had to make due. I was going 71 in a 70 MPH zone when I got pulled over. He said "You were going 71 and you slowed down when you saw me".... I said NO I didnt see you... I slowed down when I realized I was going 71 !!!! OMG I honestly DID NOT see him... I wasn't wearing my glasses and his car looked like a blob on the road!!

3. Cait Stenz profile image60
    Cait Stenzposted 5 years ago

I once got pulled over for not having my lights on, when my lights were on. The officer asked me for my insurance, checked it, asked me where I was going, and then told me to have a nice evening. It was very strange.

4. ExpectGreatThings profile image82
    ExpectGreatThingsposted 5 years ago

Wow! Your example is so crazy. I would have been tempted to report him.

When I lived in Kazakhstan I was pulled over for making a left turn onto a busy road. There was nothing illegal about it; the officer just knew I was a foreigner and would probably give him bribe money to avoid a ticket. He was disappointed smile

working