Why do immoral individuals always believe that it is the moral person that shoul

1. taburkett profile image60
    taburkettposted 4 years ago

Why do immoral individuals always believe that it is the moral person that should change their

feelings.  Is it due to the irrational support from many others in society?  Is it due to the demonic state of the world? Is it based on 'devil worship'?  What do you think is the cause of such activity?

2. profile image0
    christiananrkistposted 4 years ago

I think its because they want to continue in their immoral behavior, whatever it may be. Instead of admitting that what they are doing is wrong or immoral, they prefer to rationalize or minimize what they are doing. Whats worse, is that they try convince others to participate in the same behavior. I guess they feel if they get enough people to participate, eventually they can claim it as the normal thing to do, and that others that disagree or speak out against the behavior are hate mongers in some way. We all do things that are immoral or have done things in our lives that we are not proud of. We have to accept responsibility for our actions though and admit that even the immoral acts we continue to do are  not whats right. We certainly shouldn't be minimizing , rationalizing our way out of it , or encouraging other to do the same things.

3. Sunkist123 profile image60
    Sunkist123posted 4 years ago

However it originated, I think a lot of it has to do with the "pop-psych, self-help" that could even be called a subculture.  It teaches people to never regret anything they do, think only of oneself, etc.  Personal responsibility gets tossed out the window.  And people who buy into this junk often exclaim that 'no one can Judge them.'  However, individuals who take on these viewpoints may claim they want 'acceptance' or 'tolerance,' but what they're really after is for everyone else to condone their behavior.  If you refuse to go along with something that is wrong, YOU end up being attacked as 'judgmental,' 'narrow-minded,' etc.

working