jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Should Oklahoma Governor Fallin face charges?

1. Justin Earick profile image83
    Justin Earickposted 3 years ago

Should Oklahoma Governor Fallin face charges?

By threatening to impeach state supreme court justices unless they reversed their previous court rulings, so that she would to be allowed to torture a man to death for 45 minutes via the department of corrections - what criminal charges should Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin be facing?

2. junkseller profile image85
    junksellerposted 3 years ago

There isn't anything illegal about bringing up impeachment proceedings. Nor does there seem to be anything illegal with her saying she would ignore the Supreme Court decision because she believed it wasn't their jurisdiction. She may have been wrong, that doesn't make it illegal.

That doesn't mean her actions and the actions of the legislators isn't uncouth. it is, but the simple solution to that would be for people to stop electing crap politicians.

1. Justin Earick profile image83
      Justin Earickposted 3 years agoin reply to this

So your opinion is that politicians dont have to follow court orders that they dont agree with? Odd claim.

2. junkseller profile image85
      junksellerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

You asked about illegality. She can say anything she wants. Since she didn't in fact ignore an order, there was no illegality. That is simply a factual assessment.

As for my opinion, I thought "uncouth" was pretty clear.

3. Justin Earick profile image83
      Justin Earickposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I'm pretty sure words matter.
      We can be arrested & charged for words; libel, slander, verbal threats, conspiracy to commit crimes, yelling"fire" in a crowded theater not aflame...
      "I do", verbal contracts, testimony, confessions, wiretapping...

4. junkseller profile image85
      junksellerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

She wrote an executive order. That's not illegal as far as I can tell. If you know of an actual law she broke, I'd love to hear it.

working