jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How many people feel Hilary Clinton Should be president and why?

1. iggy7117 profile image81
    iggy7117posted 2 years ago

How many people feel Hilary Clinton Should be president and why?

2. profile image0
    Kevin Goodwinposted 2 years ago

Yes she can she has much a political resume than Trump.

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

I'm not sure she (should) be president.
    However I do believe when it's all said and done most people vote according to party platform and agenda regardless of the nominee.
    If for example someone does not personally like Hilary but they're in favor of Pro-choice, raising the minimum wage, immigration reform with a path to citizenship, changing the structure of student loans, in favor of Obamacare or a similar health insurance initiative, against cutting social security, Medicare, and pro marriage equality....etc
    Odds are that person is not going to vote for the Republican candidate simply because they dislike Hilary Clinton.
    This would also apply to anyone who supports Republican ideals. They're most likely going to vote for (their party nominee) whether he/she would be their personal choice or not. It's about party agenda.

4. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 2 years ago

The unfortunately sad answer is that we do not examine credentials, successes or failures and attitude on issues that people rather ignore. No one wants a war, well, that is not right. Some do. It really makes no difference if a president is pro-choice or pro-life. The Supreme Court has ruled, and the President cannot tell them to change their mind or threaten to remove them. It will take a reason, such as proving life does not begin at conception. A new suit will have to be filed, lower court decisions rendered and then ultimately appealed to the Supreme Court, which does not have to take any action, if that is the choice and leave the present law in place. The case could possibly go straight to the Supreme Court, but I think that is unlikely. I do not think the cout wants to address this isse.
    Just so people will understand where I stand. I have one son. My wife and I adopted him 30 years ago and there was no tax credit then. I am pro-life. I am not going to debate it. I only offer this view as support of my answer to the question that was presented.