World Bank forecasts world poverty to fall under 10% until the end of the year.

1. Medvekoma profile image81
    Medvekomaposted 2 years ago

World Bank forecasts world poverty to fall under 10% until the end of the year.

Is globalization truly the evil to fight? Are first world countries actually exploiting the developing ones?

A World Bank forecast published on the 4th of October prophetized the fall of poverty rate on Earth to under 10%. This is a huge achievement considering poverty was above 50% in the early 90s.

Do you believe that humanity is heading in a right direction, despite all the wars and suffering out there?

2. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 2 years ago

If this is true, I think that it is a positive change for world poverty to fall. However, I do believe that developing countries are being exploited for various resources as well as human skills, talent, labor, etc. I do not believe that globalization is the evil to fight.
    Some of the evils to fight would be worker and human rights, leveling the playing field so that small business is not overly bureaucratized as it is in some developing countries. In some developing countries it is made to seem easier to be a beggar than set up a stand to sell fruit or woven blankets. Unfortunately, I do not believe that humanity is headed in the right direction as far as poverty and many other matters are concerned.

working