jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

There are only 4 months left: Was 2016 a good year or not?

1. yecall profile image69
    yecallposted 18 months ago

There are only 4 months left: Was 2016 a good year or not?

2. profile image0
    Nudelyposted 18 months ago

It wasn't good if you were a DNC whistleblower like Seth Rich appears to have been and got assassinated for his troubles. Other Democrats who woke up dead with goods on the Clintons were Shawn Lucas, Victor Thorn and John Ashe. WikiLeaks blew Debbie W. Schulz out of her position as DNC mouthpiece, but corruption is way of life for Clintons, so Hillary welcomed her into the Hillary Campaign fold. Economically we may have been a little better off, but probably just the calm before the storm. ISIS gaining traction was a let down as was the Obama policy screw-ups in Iraq and Iran. We just delivered what, $400,000,000 dollars to Iran and now they're rattling sabers out in the Gulf? Nice, way to go big O. Catholic church membership continues to plummet, and the Marxist pope is known as such (good things). The AGW fools continue to manipulate data for their schemes of world domination and fraudulent carbon credit money making schemes. Noah's Ark in Kentucky is the biggest farce which anyone ever wasted money on. Remember, in the real story, a 500 year-old man made that monster! Uh huh! Putin's experiments in Ukraine were shameful, professional sports is still a huge consumer of squandered money, but good for advertisers I guess. Freedom is an endangered species everywhere you go, and few if any tyrannies have been toppled this year. The failed coup in Turkey is instructive. Hillary and Trump as front runners... is that good news? Alex Jones acting like buffoon with Young Turks at Dem convention was inexcusable. Attacks in Nice/Orlando and elsewhere demonstrate our need to eliminate religion everywhere. If someone was born this year who will be a great reformer some day, well, that would be cool, but we can't know now. Hope that helps add one person's perspective to your question. Ah, one last thought... basket case Venezuela shows U.S. what to expect under a Bernie Sanders presidency... Bad for Venezuela, good for U.S. as long as Bernie is kept 100 miles away from the Presidency.

3. Rangoon House profile image82
    Rangoon Houseposted 18 months ago

For me personally, it's been a shocker, and for the world generally, I think it will be remembered, but many events would perhaps be best forgotten. Cannot believe there are only four months left though. Where did it go?

4. Brinafr3sh profile image79
    Brinafr3shposted 18 months ago

2016 is and was a good year, things will change anyway. Every year we have progress in some area of our lives. I choose to focus on the positive changes of each year, and look forward to more good.