jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)

Many are saying Chris Wallace was the best debate moderator seen in years. Thou

1. RJ Schwartz profile image94
    RJ Schwartzposted 16 months ago

Many are saying Chris Wallace was the best debate moderator seen in years.  Thoughts?

Wallace, the veteran journalist, is the first Fox News personality to moderate a general election debate. After NBC's Lester Holt was widely criticized for his debate performance; and co-moderators Anderson Cooper, of CNN, and Martha Raddatz, of ABC News, were accused of giving softball questions to Mrs. Clinton, Chris Wallace acted the true fair and balanced professional most expected of him. He asked real policy questions and stayed on track.  What is your take?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13243039_f260.jpg

2. ptosis profile image82
    ptosisposted 16 months ago

I only caught the last 1/2 hour. From what I saw he did a bit better. She was speaking, Trump was speaking, and Wallace was speaking all three at the same time. She wouldn't allow him to speak over her, and she didn't raise her voice to try to over power him and he was talking on and on. Wallace had to step in and kabosh that chaos.   Noticed that Trump left the stage very quickly surrounded by his family. It is so easy to lip read him. Again congratulating himself on how well he did. He does that after each debate.   He surrounds himself with an echo chamber.  Scary wow.

1. Dont Taze Me Bro profile image60
      Dont Taze Me Broposted 16 months agoin reply to this

Lip read? And what did you lip read on Hillary? I guess if she was lamenting on how poorly she did so you'd be mentioning that? You are so transparently lame.

2. gregas profile image80
      gregasposted 16 months agoin reply to this

I still believe the moderator should have had a switch so he could turn off the person's mic when they wouldn't stop talking when asked. Solution to the problem.

3. Express10 profile image89
      Express10posted 16 months agoin reply to this

I agree the echo chamber was odd, he separated himself. I got the feeling that while Trump had his echo chamber around him they all had a deflated vibe as if they knew it was over while Clinton went to speak to the people she will likely SERVE.

4. profile image0
      Old Poolmanposted 16 months agoin reply to this

Greg Schweizer I agree and perhaps it should also be hooked up to a two minute timer.

5. fpherj48 profile image75
      fpherj48posted 16 months agoin reply to this

Ralph....Pls check your HP email asap!  Very important issue (which has gotten worse just in the time since I wrote you)

6. ptosis profile image82
      ptosisposted 16 months agoin reply to this

@DTMB you know nothing about me or who I am. Don't pretend that you do.

7. Dont Taze Me Bro profile image60
      Dont Taze Me Broposted 16 months agoin reply to this

You're right, it's obvious I know nothing about u personally so u use that to deflect from what you know I meant, which is that your answers and comments, known to everyone, right there in black and white, are transparently lame. Get it?

3. Readmikenow profile image94
    Readmikenowposted 16 months ago

It was much better than the two previous debates.  It shows that when all is fair or as close as fair gets with journalism in the US...Trump will clearly win.

4. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 16 months ago

He did a much better job of having the both articulate their differences and explain why they each felt their strategy was better.
    Out of the three debates this one contained more issue oriented discussion. He did a better job of trying to keep them on topic.

5. profile image0
    Old Poolmanposted 16 months ago

Chris Wallace did an excellent job of trying to keep them on topic, even though that is nearly impossible when dealing with Politicians.

He asked about issues that have been sorely missing in the previous debates.  This is the first time the candidates were forced to speak to the rising National Debt.

In my opinion this was a great example to how a debate should be run and Chris Wallace did an outstanding job.

6. Ken Burgess profile image89
    Ken Burgessposted 16 months ago

Holt rightly should have been criticized he interjected himself into the debate to counter a Candidate's comments, worse, he was later proven wrong in what he was correcting the candidate on in at least one instance.

Let the two candidates counter and correct one another... and then let the voters determine for themselves the worth of their words. 

What a sad, sad situation we are in... we are left with a Candidate that is as corrupt as any politician, anywhere, who lies about everything, and is totally disconnected from common Americans (and she has admitted as much in her own words) even more so than the billionaire she is running against.  And a Candidate with absolutely no political background, who wants to revamp the entire system, but has never done so before at a lower level IE -  a Governor or Mayor.

What is terrible, is that Trump is right about the majority of things he says... in general about the corruption in Washington, the crippling trade agreements, the deteriorating infrastructure, etc. etc. ... he's just not the ideal vessel to make people see the light, I guess we will see in 19 days just how many people are willing to try something, anything new over the direction we have been on for a quarter century now.

1. ptosis profile image82
      ptosisposted 16 months agoin reply to this

I vote this best answer if I could. smile

working