jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Do you think politics should work with sociologists and psychiartrists to produc

1. threekeys profile image79
    threekeysposted 17 months ago

Do you think politics should work with sociologists and psychiartrists to produce warefare tools?

The study of our behaviour by sociologists and psychologists has led to cruel torture techniques that destroy or commonize what we once called one's "soul". The "soul" being, the most private aspect of our inner world and thoughts. MRI's are can read thoughts/emoitons. Very invasive and  not needed in my personal view. What are your experiences or thoughts in this area?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13317297_f260.jpg

2. tamarawilhite profile image93
    tamarawilhiteposted 17 months ago

Psychological warfare has been part of warfare for years, such as dehumanizing the enemy so it is easier to kill them and making allies you were fighting a few years ago seem worthy of all in support.

1. threekeys profile image79
      threekeysposted 17 months agoin reply to this

May be more of what I was trying to ask was, are the medicos and politicians becoming too invasive in the systems of heart, mind and soul? Being too psychological invasive and manipulative; and overstepping personal rights and privacy matters?

2. Ericdierker profile image54
      Ericdierkerposted 17 months agoin reply to this

I was thinking about professors here also. And it seems to me that media should be included. Marketing is clearly all about psychology. Still chewing on this question.

3. threekeys profile image79
      threekeysposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Yes. The media, too. Eric

working