Do you donate regularly (monthly, once a year, ...) to charities? Who do you sup

1. KsenijaZ profile image93
    KsenijaZposted 13 months ago

Do you donate regularly (monthly, once a year, ...) to charities? Who do you support?

A lot of people say that if they would win some great amount of money, they would donate to the charity. I am wondering how many people donate without winning the money. Do you maybe volunteer (offering your time is also a great way of help).

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13340167_f260.jpg

2. Aime F profile image85
    Aime Fposted 13 months ago

I used to do lots of volunteering though haven't done any since we moved to another province last year as I've been completing a degree, beginning a job search, and taking care of a 4 year old!  Hopefully soon I can line something up. 

I used to volunteer with elderly people with Alzheimer's and dementia at a nursing home.  It was very rewarding and I really enjoyed it.  I also did volunteering with a camp for children with disabilities and it was lots of fun but also VERY draining and I don't think I could do it again unless I had nothing else going on. Before we moved I was looking into volunteering with the SPCA though honestly I'm not sure I would do well there, I think I'd get too emotionally attached.  I do make a monthly monetary to the SPCA though.  And next month I'll be donating my hair to the Canadian Cancer Society, finally, after growing it for almost two years.

I think I'd really like to do volunteering with local refugees when I've got some time to set aside for it.  I'd also like to donate more to the Canadian Cancer Society if my budget allowed.

1. KsenijaZ profile image93
      KsenijaZposted 13 months agoin reply to this

Wow, that is really great! I was also volunteering years ago (before children) and wanting to start again, maybe something that my children can also join. Thank you for sharing!

working