jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Terrorists get 1,000 years in Spain

1. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 7 years ago

Three members of Basque separatist group Eta were jailed for 1,000 years each today for a bombing that killed two people at Madrid airport.

1. pisean282311 profile image61
      pisean282311posted 7 years agoin reply to this

1000 years is too less time..how about 10,000 years??????...on serious notes why can't judge simply state jail for lifetime rather than coming with illogical years?

2. Sparhawke profile image60
    Sparhawkeposted 7 years ago

Does this surprise you?

I read somewhere that Spain is taking terrorism seriously, and 1000 years is meant to show that there will never be any get out of jail free card for those convicted.

Too many times in other countries people whine about their civil liberties being violated, this I feel is the judges way of saying "Don't **** with me"

3. Greek One profile image75
    Greek Oneposted 7 years ago

probably be out on parole in 3 years with good behaviour

1. IzzyM profile image90
      IzzyMposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Not quite, but my partner says they will be out after 20 years, same as every other criminal jailed for 'life' in Spain.

4. theirishobserver. profile image60

1,000 years thats half as long as the existence of Christianity smile if they serve the full sentence they will be old men smile

5. theirishobserver. profile image60

Actually during the terrorist campaign in the North of Ireland - men were regularly sentenced to 600 years and so forth - however - they were all released in 1998 following a deal with the British Government smile Perhaps the lads sentenced in Spain can look forward to some deal being done smile

working