Minot, North Dakota and flood in Summer 2011

1. profile image57
    carwil25posted 5 years ago

In the Summer of 2001, my community of Minot, North Dakota was destroyed by one of the worst floods in U.S. history leaving 11,000 citizens (almost 25% of the population). While today we're full of spirit rebuilding our community with few FEMA dollars in hand having to start over, where was President Obama's acknowledgement of this flood? North Dakota is one of the few states (yes we're one of the 50 states, last time I checked) that has a positive budget and plenty of jobs.  So, why hasn't the President even acknowledge #1 our tragedy, #2 all of the jobs the oil industry is creating for our great state of North Dakota and in the United States #3 or even visited our devastation. Again, last time I checked North Dakota is America? And we also in North Dakota feed the rest of the country and the world. So, could you at least give us your attention?

2. profile image57

Oops Summer of 2011. To be exact June 2011. Minot has a population of 40,000 and people are coming everyday!

3. profile image57

Oops Summer of 2011. To be exact June 2011. Minot has a population of 40,000 and people are coming everyday!

working