jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

And the EU demands yet more money from member states!

1. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 5 years ago

At a time when the EU is insisting on severe austerity packages in member countries, they are proposing giving themselves a 7% budget increase.

Europe does not need any more blogging donkeys, it needs jobs and growth. Can any argument penetrate their myopic narcissism, or will the penny only finally drop when the EU parliament is stormed by the hungry masses?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic … -rise.html

2. 2uesday profile image85
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

How selfish - our future generations can have their retirement delayed until it will be almost non-existent, while politicians squander money.

3. EmpressFelicity profile image80
    EmpressFelicityposted 5 years ago

A blogging donkey? Now I've heard everything.

You have to wonder what planet these people are on.

CMHypnoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Its called Asino and is part of of an arts education project called Donkeypedia that cost around 7 millions euros of taxpayers money.

http://www.horsetalk.co.nz/news/2009/11/080.shtml

4. WriteAngled profile image90
    WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

A long time back, I used to have to work very closely with people in the European Commission. Whenever I went to Brussels or to an EC research centre, I was so disgusted by the money wasted on these wine-swilling Eurocrats. Not only do they get subsidised catering, ludicruously high expense allowances and huge inflation-proofed pensions, they also have places where they can buy all sorts of goods tax free. Sickening!

1. EmpressFelicity profile image80
      EmpressFelicityposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This reminds me of old Eastern Bloc countries which had special shops where members of the Party inner circle could buy goods that were totally unavailable to ordinary people.

Well you only have to look at the ridiculousness of the whole EU parliament having to move lock stock and barrel to Strasbourg every so often so that the French can feel 'included' to realise that spending other people's money really doesn't worry them at all.

And the feeling you get from the EU is as long as their officials aren't suffering from any recession then the rest us don't have a problem.  Are our current government (all parties) really interested in the well being of the UK, or are they desperately trying to shore up the EU so that they get their turn on the gravy train when they retire (or are booted) from British politics?  Where will Jeremy Hunt turn up after he has had the decency to fall on his sword?

1. EmpressFelicity profile image80
          EmpressFelicityposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The gravy train will run out of fuel eventually so what worked for Neil Kinnock won't necessarily work for future politicians. But they're too short sighted to see that, of course.

No wonder Nick Clegg is looking so fed up these days - his dreams of EU largesse dashed!

5. innersmiff profile image70
    innersmiffposted 5 years ago

I don't really see how anybody can defend this.

working