Lennon in all likelihood did more then any other early rock personality to shake up rock 'n' roll, move it forward and infuse it with a conscience. As the most venturesome and candid of the four Beatles, he helped shape the docket of the Sixties - socially, politically and musically.
During his solo years, he created music that alternately distressed and comforted, aroused and sought community. As a human being, he functioned as a model of honesty in his artistry and his life.
John Lennon Quick Facts
Full Name: John Winston Lennon
Birthplace: Liverpool, England
Location of death: Manhattan, NY
Cause of death: Assassination
Education: The Liverpool Art College, Liverpool, England (1957-60)
Father: Alfred Lennon (seaman)
Mother: Julia Stanley
Wife: Cynthia Powell (m. 1962, div. 1968)
Son: Julian Lennon (musician, b. 1963)
Wife: Yoko Ono (artist/musician, m. 1969)
Son: Sean Lennon (musician, b. 1975)
The Quarrymen Vocalist/Guitarist 1957-60
The Beatles Vocalist/Guitarist/Pianist 1960-70
Plastic Ono Band Vocalist/Guitarist/Pianist
Tribute to Lennon in Havana
Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one.
Who Is Your Favorite Artist - Lennon or McCartney?
Which Former Beatles do you prefer?
Five John Lennon Facts You May Not Have Known.
John signed his autograph for Mark Chapman six hours before he was shot.
Although John and Paul appeared very close publicly, on the road, John would room with George, and Paul would room with Ringo.
John was a believer in reincarnation.
John hated the dark and kept a light on at all times even when he slept.
After a seventeen year absence, John saw his father for the first time in 1964.
Everybody loves you when you're six foot in the ground.
John Lennon Discography
Lennon Singles and Albums Released After The Beatles
1970 John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band
1972 Some Time in New York City
1973 Mind Games
1974 Walls and Bridges
1975 Rock 'n' Roll
1980 Double Fantasy (with Yoko Ono)
1984 Milk and Honey (with Yoko Ono)
1969 "Give Peace a Chance"
1969 "Cold Turkey"
1970 "Instant Karma! (We All Shine On)"
1971 "Power to the People"
1971 "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)"
1972 "Happy Christmas (War Is Over)"
1972 "Woman Is the Nigger of the World"
1973 "Mind Games"
1974 "Whatever Gets You Thru the Night"
1975 "#9 Dream"
1975 "Stand by Me"
1980 "(Just Like) Starting Over"
1980 "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)"
1981 "Watching the Wheels"
1981 "Happy Christmas (War Is Over)"
1984 "Nobody Told Me"
1984 "Borrowed Time"
1984 "I'm Stepping Out"
1985 "Jealous Guy"
1988 "Jealous Guy"
2003 "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)"
What do you think of John Lennon?
What John Had To Say .... - Some Assorted John Lennon Quotes
- "Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue with that; I'm right and I will be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first - rock and roll or Christianity."
- "He didn't come out of my belly, but my God, I've made his bones, because I've attended to every meal, and how he sleeps, and the fact that he swims like a fish because I took him to the ocean. I'm so proud of all those things. But he is my biggest pride."
- "I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?"
- "A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality."
- "If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace."
- "If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal."
- "If you tried to give rock and roll another name, you might call it Chuck Berry."
- "I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It's just that the translations have gone wrong."
- "All we are saying is give peace a chance."
- "As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot."
A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.
Working Class Hero - John Lennon - One of my favourite John Lennon songs.
Best John Lennon Song? - Cast Your Vote!
What is your favorite John lennon Song?
John Lennon At Amazon
Share your stories, sightings, thoughts, rants, raves...