33 Dating Tips For Women and Men
'Tis the season to be single and to mingle. No matter your age or gender chances are that you could use some dating tips. Alas, I am here to assist in offering some advice.
I gathered these tidbits of tips from singles near and far. I also learned some lessons along the way during my journey of singlehood. Together I combined these dating tips and present them to you.
I wish you much luck during your journey. I hope one day you find your other half.
Dating Tips For Women
- Try not to be intimidating. Some men can't handle a woman who takes charge.
- Make suggestions about where you would like to go on a date, don't make demands.
- Dress appropriately, not provocatively or you will be sending the wrong signals not only to your date but to other men.
- Don't wear so much makeup that you will look like a different person without it.
- Don't assume that just because the first date went well that he is going to want to date you again. Men are finicky. They like to pick and choose. If they feel they are being put in a corner, they will back away and never return.
- Don't start planning your wedding if all is going well. Slow the heck down or he will drop you like a hot potato.
- If you met via online dating be sure your pictures are recent so that he could spot you upon arrival.
- Don't try so hard to impress him. Men are sharp, they will see right through the facade. Just be you.
- In the beginning, try not to reveal so much about yourself. You might scare him away.
- Women are infamous for being a bit crazy, I suggest you leave the crazies at home for the first few dates.
Dating Tips For Men
- Do not ask your date where they want to go because chances are you'll never get an answer. Instead offer some suggestions then proceed from there.
- If reservations are needed please do so. The less hiccups during a date, the better. If you are planning the date then be sure everything runs smoothly.
- Do not flirt or ogle other women during a date. That is tacky and rude.
- It's also not a wise idea to ask her if she has any available single friends if the date is going downhill.
- If you don't have a job or car, let her know that before your date. Most women prefer a guy who is employed and has wheels.
- Do not lean over and kiss her in a restaurant unless she has given you a sign. I've witnessed chaotic moments when this occurred.
- While shopping for women in bars, plan on spending at least 30-45 minutes there. Don't just walk in, glance around and then walk out. This behavior is non productive. While you might not have spotted her, she might have spotted you and then you are gone. Relax and have a drink just maybe something magical will happen.
- Do not present yourself as overly confident because that is a surefire way to get shunned. You might assume you are all that but women might not.
- Do not assume that a woman is totally into you just because she is being nice. She could be contemplating on how the heck she is going to get rid of you. Pick up on her subtle hints. Such as you reach for her hand and she quickly moves hers away. Yep, she is not interested.
- Men are infamous for being a bit cocky and arrogant. Leave the 'tude at home for the first few dates.
Dating Tips For Both
- Before you proceed out the door check yourself out in the mirror. Imagine you are looking at your best friend. Would you approve of their outfit? If yes, then proceed out the door. If no, why the heck are you wearing it?
- Don't be so available. Allow at least 30 minutes before texting back. You don't want to appear needy.
- If you must wear cologne/perfume, please do so sparingly. Do not surround your date with plumes of scent.
- Perhaps you would prefer to "hang out' instead of "dating." Why? Because it takes the pressure off and you will both be more relaxed. Hey, "wanna hang out tonight?" Give it a try.
- If you are on your phone during a date, they might perceive that as you are bored. Try to only use your phone for emergency texts/calls only.
- Vary the venues that you frequent. If you consistently go to the same bars you will consistently meet the same people. Go to another area of town. Variety is the spice of life.
- If your date doesn't text you back or tells you they aren't interested just let them go! Don't continue to pursue them. Once their decision is made it's nearly impossible to change it. Chin up! There are plenty of fish in the sea and on the dating app POF.
- That first kiss. We have all experienced that moment. Well, you either felt sparks or you didn't, there is no gray area. If there were no sparks than thank them for the experience and move on.
- Slow down. Don't be in such a hurry to rush into a relationship. You might be dating someone and not thinking rationally. This is why taking a breather is important. And if your friends or family don't care for who you are dating, heed their advice sooner than later. Chances are that person isn't right for you.
- It's so easy to not return texts. Don't be that asshole. If you aren't interested just say so. Don't be concerned about hurting heir feelings, they could handle it.
- Do not go looking for your other half. Allow them to find you. And they will find you. When you least suspect it. BOOM! So don't waste your time looking.
- Do not settle for someone to avoid being lonely. You are better than that. Learn to love yourself so that way you could love someone else.
- Do not date. It's that simple. No where is it written that you must date. Stay home and Netflix and chill solo.
Will You Follow Any of These Dating Tips?
© 2018 Linda Bilyeu