ArtsAutosBooksBusinessEducationEntertainmentFamilyFashionFoodGamesGenderHealthHolidaysHomeHubPagesPersonal FinancePetsPoliticsReligionSportsTechnologyTravel
  • »
  • Gender and Relationships»
  • Separation & Divorce

60/40 Visitation Schedule: What it is with examples.

Updated on January 10, 2012

What is a 60/40 custody schedule?

60/40 custody schedules are a very common way for both parents to be involved in their child's life. In this schedule, one parent has the child 60% of the time and the other parent has the child 40% of the time.

The easiest way for you and the other parent to have 60/40 custody is to agree on it in your parenting plan and submit it to the court. If both parents agree, the court will usually approve the plan. However, if you do not agree and a schedule the court will decide for you. It is to your advantage to work out a custody schedule and parenting plan before hand.

There are many ways this schedule can work for you, the other parent and your child. However, you need to be aware that this schedule requires the parents to live in close proximity.

4/3 Custody Schedule

The 4/3 custody schedule is one of the most popular schedules under a 60/40 plan. This schedule means that your child spends 4 days with one parent and three days with the other. Depending on how the days are assigned, it can also be called an every weekend schedule.

Below are some 60/40 schedules made on Custody X Change software. Time with the mother is represented in pink and the father blue.

Examples of how a 4/3 custody schedule works.


    0 of 8192 characters used
    Post Comment

    No comments yet.