7 Keys to True Happiness
Is the Answer to Happiness in Your Hands?
What is Happiness?
Everyone desires happiness, yet so many people struggle to find it. This could be because they are searching in all the wrong places. Happiness is not something we can find in others, if we do not have first in ourselves. At least not lasting happiness, and let's be real we all want lasting happiness. This hub will help people take the 7 important steps to finding a lasting happiness.
7 Crucial Steps to Happiness....
- Accepting Christ into your life. This is the beginning of the rest of your new life. The most rewarding and important decision you will ever make. There could be several hubs on this one topic, but for sake of the readers I will get the point. There are many truths that we, as Christians, know. In regards to happiness, you have to know that there is a God and He is someone bigger than you, bigger than me, bigger than your boss, bigger than your worst enemy, or greatest nightmare. If you let HIm guide your life you can get through anything, His word promises us that ("I can do all things through Christ who strenthens me." Philippians 4:13)
- Live for the moment. We are not promised tomorrow, we only have today. Make the best of what you have right in this moment. Love it, cherish it, and make it count. Worrying will not add a single day to your life! In fact, stress can shorten your life.
- Make time for yourself each day. This is very important. We all need a little "me" time. You cannot be reach your full potential as a mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, ect. if you are not reaching your potential of being the best you. You can only drive a car on an empty tank for so far before it stops. Remeber to refill your tank!
- Find a balance! Everything has a balance, and it isn't always easy to find, especially in today's crazy society. However, this is crucial to happiness. Everything has a balance.
- Love and Give to others. When we show love to others, we feel good about ourselve, the same can be said for when we give to others. Make sure to let those around you feel loved and appreciated, and you too will find a reward in this. Remember to show love to everyone. The Bible tells us as Christians to love our enemies. This can be difficult, but it is not impossible especially if you seek God's help.
- Forgive. I have written an entire Hub on the importance of forgiving. When we forgive others it really benefits ourself. It keeps us from becoming hardened and bitter. It frees us and allows us to move forward.
- If you aren't happy with an area of your life, change it! There will never be a better time than now. Life is too short to be miserable. No one else can fix the issues in your life. You have to be the one that says, "Hey I deserve better, and I refuse to settle any longer," because no one else can say it for you! You have so much potential, and God has a special plan just for you if you will open your heart to Him.