- Gender and Relationships»
- Relationship Problems & Advice
Apps to Help Long Distance Relationships
Use Your Phone to Help Your Relationship
If you're in a long distance relationship you know the feeling of having the same old same old conversations. How you feel like you've had this conversation before but feel like there's nothing else to say. Well these applications and websites will help put the excitement back in the relationship no matter the distance.
Google Hangouts App and Website
Google Hangouts is so fun for video chatting. It takes video chatting to the next level. This is an online feature of having a google account and also an app for your phone. The online google hangouts has many add ons to the video chat feature so you are not just speaking but having fun.
My personal favorite feature is that you can watch youtube videos together. As far as I know you can watch any length video and have yourselves on mute or have yourself unmuted. The second favorite feature is the chat feature. You can chat with a dialouge box that shows in the right side of the video chat. You can keep this chat open and talk this way in case you can’t speak vocally.
This is something that has become really popular among friends. This benefits greatly in long distance relationships for a quick way to see your partner without having to have a full on video chat or to log in. It can be used to send a quick message of I love you or good morning.
I have not tried these particular applications yet but they are specifically for couples. Here are the ones I found and what their features are:
“Between is a space just for two. Start sharing moments with your partner now!”
- Private chat 1 to 1
- Photo album
- Weather updates
- Shared calender
- Privacy lock on the app itself.
Couple - Relationship App
“The best private messaging app for two. Share photos, videos, to-do’s, and more!”
- Private timeline
- Sticker packs
- Send secrets: photos that disappear after a fixed time.
- Thumbkiss when you touch the same spot on your phones they both vibrate simultaneously.
- Sketch together, share to-do lists, find venues and restaurants for dates, and broadcast your location to each other.
- Chat using web app when on the computer.
Couplete - App for Couples
“Make every moment complete, with couplet”
- Private messenger
- Wishbox: share to-do lists, dating spots, and movies to watch.
- Timeline, love letter, and a shared calender.
- Lock screen: set your lock screen with your partners picture.
Twyxt, the couple app with chat, lists, and calendar for two
“Twyxt is the private and secure space for your relationship.”
- Private messages and even an urgent message feature so they know it is important to read.
- You can share your mood with your partner.
- Shared calender.
- A keepsake feature for digital love letters.
- Kiss - touch the logo at the same time and it lights up which means you are sharing a “kiss”.
“You&Me is a free, beautiful messaging app just for you and the person you love.”
- Brighten each other’s days with photos, videos, songs, stickers and more.
- Customize photos with filters, fonts, frames and one-of-a-kind sticker collections.
- Shoot videos with press-and-hold recording and optional loop.
- Share secret pics and videos that stay hidden until your partner reveals them, record yourself with voice messages.
- Make “Halfsies” -- take the first half of a photo and let your partner complete it!
- Go back over all your shared moments, beautifully organized for the two of you. Find favorite photos and videos again without having to scroll through your entire conversation.
Photo apps are wonderful in the fact that you can print and mail pictures. I won’t list them here because there are a host of them just go and pick your favorite one. They all have different features but most have the one feature a couple can use. Print your pictures and send them to your partner so they have something special for your next special gift.
Will You Use These Apps?
Are these apps useful to your relationship?
This one technically is not an application but it helps sometimes to do something as simple as a letter. Send them a love letter with the photo of the two of you. Send them a list of things you love about them and sign it. Go as far as writing the letter yourself (if you think your handwriting is legable) and send it. Surprise them and show that you care from a distance.
Long distance relationships require a lot more work then regular ones. I hope these applications and suggestions help keep yours on track and flourishing.