Are You Creating Your Vision For Love?
Valentine's Day is right around the corner and you are still waiting for lasting love to find you. Although you are trying to keep optimistic, it can be very challenging around this time. So, how can you keep your optimism alive?
There are many things you can do to keep yourself from getting the "I'm single blues" that may also help pave your journey closer to finding love...
You can reorganize your closets, dressers and drawers—donating items that don't fit anymore as well as ones that you haven't worn in years—creating more room for a significant other. You can consciously choose to sleep on a specific side of your bed—keeping the other side energetically available for the man of your desires. If you have a two car garage you can start parking on one side verses parking in the middle—again, making room for that special someone.
Those are just a few small tweaks that you can do around your home, however there are also things you can do to help you get more mentally and spiritually ready for love...
You can mediate every day and pray for love to come into your life and what that love (for you) ultimately looks like. You can see a therapist and work on yourself and any issues you have—because we all have issues—even if we think we don't. You can read daily quotes on love and books on love as well as ones on healing your heart from past heartbreaks. You can pronounce out loud to God, all your friends and family members that you are ready for love.
Is there anything else that can bring you closer to your journey for finding a lasting and loving relationship? Yes, creating what that vision looks like.
Many times in order to receive the love we want it's important to actually create what that visually looks like. Sometimes just clearing things out and pronouncing that we want love may not always be enough, therefore we need to take matters into our own hands and create our vision of love on a poster board or scrap book.
Honestly I love to use poster boards because you can hang them in a place that you can consciously as well as unconsciously see—keeping your vision in your memory every day. When you use a scrapbook you have to make sure that you consciously take the time to open and look through it daily. Realistically, most of us don't have the time or could simply forget to look at it. However you choose, create your vision in the best form that will inspire you.
If you are unfamiliar with vision boards, they are basically a collage of photos, pictures and words of everything you desire. They are a fun way to help generate not only what you want—your passions, a job, house, car, where you want to live—and yes, even love and the type of relationship you want. Vision boards also help to keep you positive in the belief that everything will come to fruition. Since love can be challenging at times, it's important to not leave any details out—regardless of how silly they may seem—if they are important to you, make sure you add them.
I love creating vision boards. Over the years I have even thrown vision board parties for my friends—where we each create our visions together.
This Valentine's Day instead of wallowing at home alone or potentially causing yourself self-torture by going out and surrounding yourself around couples, do something positive and create your own vision of happiness "masterpiece." Vision boards are not only inspiring but also fun to make—especially when you invite your other single gal pals over for a vision board making party.
Vision board parties with your girlfriends are a great way to create successful boards. Think about it, what do women talk about the most? Men. We talk about what we want, don't want and want more of—which will help you think of more qualities, important attributes and values that you might not remember on your own. Be mindful to not add anything negative to your board—remember this is an inspirational board.
Things You Will Need For Your Fabulous Vision Board Party:
1. Magazines—lots of them—including a few bridal magazines. Picking out the right magazines are important—because of this you might want to have your girlfriends pick their own, bring old ones from home and buy plenty of copies of each one you decide on. Pick magazines that have mostly words that connect with the man and the type of relationship that you want. It's also important to have pictures to cut out that you relate to. Some of my favorite magazines for this are Cosmo, Self, and Vogue. Also don't be afraid to get a few bridal magazines to cut out the type of dresses you like as well as the ring, engagement, wedding and honeymoon that you envision.
2. Glue Sticks—clear glue works the best in case you are not artistically inclined. Depending on the size of your vision board and party you will want to have enough glue sticks for everyone in different sizes.
3. Poster Boards—various sizes and colors. Depending on where you want to hang your board or if you want your vision to contain multiple life themes that you desire will determines how big a board will need to be.
4. Scissors—sharp enough for easy paper cutting. Also, you want to make sure that each guest has a pair
5. Cocktails—to keep things festive. You could have red wine, champagne with cranberry, cosmopolitans, or pink or red-colored non-alcoholic drinks...whatever your fancy you can't go wrong with a cute girly cocktail or mocktail.
6. Chocolate Hearts and Candy Hearts—sweet treats to decorate the area or table you will be using —keeping the Valentine's Day theme alive as well as a reminder that love is really all around you.
7. Valentine's Day Inspired Cupcakes—another fun treat to have for your guests—mini love cakes.
8. Appetizers—you can either have Valentine's Day inspired appetizers or not. Appetizers will keep the mind strong since vision boards may take a few hours to make.
9. A Few Fun Decorations—red, white and pink balloons, roses or pink flowers for the center piece and a red table cloth, napkins and plates—just to name a few.
10. Fun Music—make a fun playlist to keep your party flowing and creativity moving.
11. Positive Attitude—before making your vision board surround yourself with loving thoughts. Remind yourself that if you want love—love will come into your life. Believe without a doubt that you are deserving of love. Close your eyes and picture what love looks like for you and then create it!
When I look at old vision boards that I have created it puts a big smile on my face when I see all the things that have come true for me. I have created vision boards about various things in my life—affirming what I ultimately wanted at that time of my life. As I mature and evolve, my visions become more precise. Once my visions I have created come true, I create a new board—a newer updated version of my goals and dreams.
Ladies, don't dread being single on Valentine's Day. Instead, center yourself and put all your positive energy into creating a new vision board for love (or any aspirations). This is such a symbolic way of releasing your wish(es) out into the Universe— just close your eyes, dream big, and let your life goals and desires become your new reality and inspiration.