- Gender and Relationships»
Best of the Best: 50+ Feel Good Love Songs
Whether you're feeling frisky, uber romantic or passionately aggressive, there is at least one love song here for you. Mind though, that I'm an 80's/90's child, so if there is a favorite love song of yours you would like to see added to these lists, let me know in the comments section below. This starter set of more than 50 love songs, begin with the songs that I love to listen to whether I'm hot and bothered or sad and sullen and move on to songs that I know my friends and family feel passionately about. There's no reason this list can't grow, and it will, as you add your all time favorites in the comments, which will be added to this hub as they come.
Hub Key: Love Song Genre's
Love is such an infinite topic in our lives, and because it's so encompassing and pervasive, many folks (myself included), find it helpful to separate the myriad of love songs into different genres or categories of love songs.
In this hub, we'll start out with the categories of: Passionate Love, Romantic Love, Sexy Love, Angry Love and Sad Love. Later on, I'll add some categories such as: Spiritual/Devotional Love songs, Vengeful Love songs, Soul Mate Love songs, Taboo Love songs and more. If you have any specific categories or genres of love songs that you would add to this list, please feel free to speak up in the comments below and see your list come out into the lime-light.
Passion is defined as an "uncontrollable or barely controllable" feeling experienced by a person such as yourself. It's the feeling we experience when we are inspired or in-spirit. When it comes to love, passion often goes hand in hand with it, especially when it comes to those first few enchanting months or years that we find ourselves dancing through the honeymoons of our budding relationships.
When a musician finds themselves in the throws of these passions, they tend to let it all spill out on paper and into rythmes and melodies that come out as juicy masterpieces that we love to sing along to as we think about our own passions. To your left, you'll see my list of the best Passionate Love songs from way back when, up into today.
Passionate Love Songs
- I Wanna Lick You From Your Head To Your Toes - Ludacris
- Can't Get Enough of Your Love Babe - Barry White
- I Wanna F*ck You Like an Animal - Nine Inch Nails
- I Will Possess Your Heart - Death Cab For Cutie
- Long Legged Guitar Pickin Man - June Carter
- You Shook Me All All Night Long - AC/DC
- Can't Get Enough of You - Smash Mouth
- Jackson - Johnny Cash & June Carter
- Pinch Me - Six Pence None the Richer
- Never Never Land - Lyfe Jennings
- I Can Hear The Bells - Hair Spray
- Fight Out You - Ben Harper
- Control - Puddle of Mud
- Scars - Papa Roach
- Creep - Radiohead
- Inside Out - Eve
- Sneaking Around With You - Dolly Parton
Sexy love songs are fantastic in during those stolen moments when you want to pump yourself up for that third date, or when you want to make it obvious what you're intentions are with a long time lover. They're also just fun to sing sometimes.
Sexy Love Songs
- Rape Me - Nirvana
- Bathwater - No Doubt
- You Sexy Thing - Full Monty
- Let's Talk About Sex - Salt N Pepper
- Sex and Candy - Marcy's Playground
Romantic Love songs are a lot like passionate love songs, except that they tend to cross the border over into the realms of corny gestures and poetic sonnets for the one's we love so deeply. There isn't a huge difference between these genres, but the difference is big enough that most people can recognize it and we'll worth the separation for this hubs purposes.
Romantic Love Songs
- Last Kiss - Pearl Jam
- Fifteen - Taylor Swift
- I Miss You - Blink 182
- I Can't - Lyfe Jennings
- Follow Me - Uncle Cracker
- Morning Yearning - Ben Harper
- So in Love With You - Al Green
- Every Breath You Take - The Police
- Hey There Delilah - Plain White Tee's
- Steal My Kisses From You - Ben Harper
- I'll Be The Other Woman - Soul Children
- Islands in the Stream - Dolly Parton & Kenny Rodgers
- Sneakin Around With You - Dolly Parton & Burt Reynolds
Each one of us can relate to some of the worlds more popular Angry Love songs. We might not always want to remember those dark moments, but they are there nonetheless. It's those moments when we've been cheated, lied to, left behind or left broken. After the tears and grief take their pound of flesh, the other side of our passions take their place in our fate, calling up all the anger we experienced through the relationship and sometimes beyond it.
Most of these songs are great to rage to in the car or the shower, when we're alone and feeling hurt and angry, but there are many other types of angry love songs that can take us from angry to enraged, or from upset to calm and serene. It just depends on what you're looking for.
Angry Love Songs
- Ball And Chain - Social Distortion
- I Don't Want You Back - Eamon
- Cold Hard B*tch - Jet
- Just Like a Pill - Pink
- Nookie - Limp Bizkit
- Bartender - Rehab
When you're feeling sad about your current, former or future love prospects, there's nothing quite like the quiet friendship of a none judgmental sad love song that you can play as many times as you need to hear it.
Sad Love Songs
- If Tomorrow Never Comes - Lyfe Jennings
- When You're Gone - Avril Lavigne
- Hypothetically - Lyfe Jennings
- Must Be Nice - Lyfe Jennings
- Vacuum Bag - Stroke 9
- Don't Speak - No Doubt
- Say It Ain't So - Weezer
- Realize - Colbie Caillat
- F*ckin Perfect - Pink
- Miserable - Lit