- Gender and Relationships»
- Weddings & Wedding Planning
Celebrity Weddings of 2011 - A Complete List
As 2011 comes to a close, we can take a look back and see the long list of celebrities that got married this year.
Whether it was a reality star, a professional athlete, an award winning actor or a supermodel, all types of celebrities walked (or drove - in the case of Sinead O'Connor) down the aisle to pledge their love until death do they part.
Although Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries were the first ones to break their vows and head to splitsville, most of these couples have started their lives together with the odds of their marriage's longevity stacked against them, as we all know Hollywood goes.
Nonetheless, most of these ceremonies and receptions were lavishly over-the-top affairs topping hundreds of thousands of dollars in food, flowers, jewels and guest lists that read like a Hollywood red carpet event.
A long list of Celebrities that got Married this Year
- Kate Middleton and Prince William – (Worked for her parents party business/English Royalty)
- Kim Kardashian & Kris Humphries – (Reality Star/NBA basketball player) Notoriously short 72 day marriage
- Kelsey Grammer and Kayte Walsh – (Actor/Stewardess) Married 2 weeks after Kelsey's divorce from Camille Grammer was finalized
- Shania Twain and Frederic Thiebaud (Singer/Businessman)– Reportedly met because their spouses cheated on them with each other.
- Jim Toth and Reese Witherspon – (Talent Agent/Actress)
- Michael Buble and Luisana Lopilato – (Singer/Model)
- Leann Rhimes and Eddie Cibrian - (Country Singer/Actor)
- Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert – (Country Singers)
- Rachel Weisz and Daniel Craig – (Actors) Met while playing husband and wife in movie Dream House
- Jamie Hince and Kate Moss – (musician/model)
- Prince Albert II and Charlene Wittstock - (Monaco Royalty/?)
- Vanessa Manillo and Nick Lachey – (Tv host/Reality Star)
- Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall – (English Royal/English Rugby Captain)
- Brooke Burke and David Charvet – (Tv Host/Actor)
- Sofia Coppola and Thomas Mars – (Filmmaker/Musician)
- Gene Simmons and Shannon Tweed – (Musician/Playboy Model) Married after 28 years of “dating”
- Seth Rogen and Lauren Miller – (Actors)
- Paul McCartney and Nancy Shevell – (Musician/Socialite)
- King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck and Jetsun Pema – (Bhutanese King/Student)
- Nikki Reed and Paul McDonald – (Actress/American Idol Contestant)
- Robin Williams and Susan Schneider – (Actor/Graphic Designer)
- Sinead O’Connor and Barry Herridge – (singer/?) Married on her 45th birthday while sitting in a pink Cadillac in the Little White Wedding Chapel in Las Vegas. Marriage ended after only 18 days.
- David Foster and Yolanda Hadid – (Songwriter/Model)
- Eva Amurri and Kyle Martino – (Actress & Susan Sarandon’s daughter/Soccer Commentator)
- Danny Masterson and Bijou Phillips – (Actor/Model)
- Molly Sims and Scott Stuber – (Model/Producer)
- Michael Kors and Lance LePere – (Fashion Designer/?)
- Amy Smart and Carter Oosterhouse – (Actress/HGTV Hunky Handyman)
- Lauren Bush and David Lauren – (Model and Niece of George W. Bush/VP of Advertising for Polo Ralph Lauren and son of Ralph Lauren) Bride took the married name Lauren Bush-Lauren.
- Petra Ecclestone and James Stunt – (Billionaire Heiress/?)
- Sherri Shepherd and Lamar Sally – (The View Co-host/TV Writer)
- Tara Reid and Michael Lillenund – (Actress/Danish Busniessman) Engaged and married on the same day
- Joy Behar and Steve Janowitz – (TV Host/?) “Dating” for 29 years
- Chris Bosh and Adrienne Williams – (NBA Basketball Player/?)
- America Ferrera and Ryan Piers Williams – (Actress/Producer)
- Peter Fonda and Parky DeVogelaere – (Actor/?)
- Noel Gallagher and Sara MacDonald – (Musician) Russell Brand was the best man.
- Charles Spencer and Karen Gordon – (Princess Di’s Brother/Philanthropist)
- Candice Crawford and Tony Romo – (TV Anchor/NFL Dallas Cowboys Quarterback)
- Sara Rue and Kevin Price – (Actress/Radio Host and Author)
- Marie Osmond and Steve Craig – (TV Personality/Former Pro-Basketball Player) – Married 2x, once in 1982, then divorced, then remarried this year.
- Ashley Harlan and Ben Roethlisberger Wedding – (?/NFL Pittsburgh Steelers Player)
- Jaime Collins and Tyrus Thomas Wedding – (?/NBA Player)
- Monica and Shannon Brown Wedding - (Singer/NBA LA Lakers Player)
- Niecy Nash and Jay Tucker Wedding – (TV Host/?)
- Adam Housely and Tamera Mowry Wedding - (?/Actress)
- Lily Aldridge and Caleb Followill – (Model/Singer)
- Lauren Skaar and Michael Vartan – (Actress/?) – Met at the grocery store
- Kandi Harris and Hunter Mahan – (Former Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader/PGA Golfer)
- Kyle Jacobs and Kellie Pickler – (Songwriter/Singer)
- Kyle Busch and Samantha Sarcinella – (Nascar Driver/?)
- Kim Zolciak and Kroy Biermann - (Reality Star/NFL Atlanta Falcons Player)
- Johnny Weir and Victor Voronov - (Figure Skater/US Champion Figure Skater)
So, regardless of whether the celebrity newlyweds dated for 15 minutes, like Tara Reid and her groom, or for 30 years like Joy Behar and hers, these celebs have started their lives together as husband and wife.
Who do you think can beat the odds and avoid the all too common 7 year itch that seems to afflict those in the spotlight more commonly than their commoner counterparts?
Of these 52 couples who will still be in love 5, 10, 25 years from now?
Who will grow old together ungracefully in Hollywood, getting their plastic surgery together to make 50 look like 40 and 70 look like 60, like Gene Simmons and Shannon Tweed.
Who will be next in line at the divorce court behind Kim and Kris?
Only time, or the tabloids will tell...
Who's Going to Make it Last?
What percentage of these couples do you think will last 3 years of marriage?
Related Articles by KK Flowers
- 10 Reasons Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries are Getting a Divorce
Why did Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries file for divorce? Here's the very long list of red flags.
- Kim Zolciak's Wedding Flowers
See the flowers in Real Housewife of Atlata's Kim Zolciak's wedding bouquet.
- Kate Middleton's Wedding Bouquet
Kate Middleton's wedding bouquet was petite and delicate with meaningful, symbolic and fragrant flowers and greenery. Find out exactly what was in it, how it was constructed, and how you can get the look.
- How to Get Kate Middleton's Wedding Look
Designers have made it possible to purchase dresses, jewelry, tiara and a veil almost identical to the gown and accessories that Kate Middleton wore on her wedding day. Beautiful lace and sparkling jewelry and accesseroies to make anyone look like a
- Princess Diana's Wedding Bouquet
Princess Diana's iconic wedding bouquet was an enormous cascading style that had a very special selection of flowers. See all the pictures of the flowers with their descriptions and meanings here.