- Gender and Relationships»
- Weddings & Wedding Planning
Choosing Wedding Invitations
Wedding Invitations To Think About
You know how it feels. The mail comes and a heavy but beautiful envelope is in the stack. You open it up feeling like it is a present. With each layer comes another amazing looking card or piece of paper that helps you to learn that your dear friend is getting married. You can tell from the wedding invitation you just received that the wedding will be formal and classic.
You are excited and can not wait to give her a call and let her know how much you would love to come and how much you loved her invite. If you have experienced this in the past, perhaps it is your turn to do this same thing for someone else receiving your own wedding invitation!
This is the same type of thing that you want to do for each person that you invite to your wedding. To make that happen, you do have to take into consideration the various ways to pull it off. Wedding invitations are gifts and announcements all wrapped up in a nice package.
It is the first impression that your guests will have about your wedding. It is also the best way for you to communicate key information about the event to the guests you invite. As a bride, you want every detail of your wedding to mean something. To make that happen, spend some time determining the best wedding invitation for your guests. You can do just that with a bit of planning.
What Do You Want Your Invitation To Look Like?
A visit to any card stock store or wedding invitation professional and you will quickly have hundreds if not thousands of options in wedding invitations to enjoy. You are sure to find plenty of options including great looking traditional, contemporary and even ultra modern looks. The question is, though, what do you want the wedding invitation to look like? It is your taste and your decision to make. Here are a few things to think about when selecting wedding invitations.
- The wedding invitation should convey the level of formality of the event. The more formal you would like guests to dress, the more formal the invitation should look. This is the first indication of the guest's expectance on how to dress and what the wedding will be like. A wedding invitation for a backyard barbeque is much less formal, then, than a wedding invitation for a black tie event (although with a black tie event, you do want to mention this in the wording of the invitation.
- If you have a wedding theme, the invitation is a great place to allow that to come through. For example, if you will be having a Hawaiian luau for the wedding reception, allow some mention of that to come through on the invitation. You can select an invitation with this theme to it. If you can not find an invitation that conveys your wedding theme enough, consider having them custom made to fit the style and look that you want.
- The wedding invitation can share qualities with your wedding. For example, if your wedding flowers will be red roses, then your wedding invitation would tie nicely into the event with a beautiful red rose on the front. Perhaps even with a silky interior to the invitation's envelope, you can convey the colors of the wedding party as well. Look for a way to connect your wedding invitation to some aspect of the wedding itself.
- Be sure that the spacing of any objects or any designs on the wedding invitation still leaves room for your personal message to your wedding guests. You may also want to consider pre printed invitations that are generic in their message, but offer a blank interior that allows you to print your details inside. Depending on your budget and your tastes, choose a wedding invitation that fits with the wording that you will use.
There are many great choices in wedding invitations available. Look at several options and find out how well it will fit within your wedding's style and expected look. You will be surprised at how easy it can be to find something that works just right for your wedding. But, do not overwhelm yourself with too many choices. That's easy to do! Instead, narrow down your choices and select the best end result of them all.
To Include Or Not To Include
Before you can purchase your invitations there are several other things you need to take into consideration. For example, how much does your wedding budget allow for the purchase of wedding invitations? You should have a good idea of where this number is so that you can better select the invitation that will fit that budget. Many times, wedding invitations can be found to fit any budget ranging from just $100 up to $1000 or more. There are several things that play a role in the cost of the invitations.
The invitation's price will often be based on how many invitations you need. Also, the more elaborate the style and design of the invitation, the more cost is added. If you want your invitation to arrive with each guest in a very beautiful silken box, then that is an opportunity for extravagance and a high end budget is necessary. The more papers that are selected to be included inside the invitation, the more cost you will need to consider.
Response cards, announcements, wedding ceremony invitations, wedding reception invitations and more can be included in the single invitation making it bulky and expensive as well. Even the quality of the papers used, as well as the envelope can add up in terms of the cost of the invitation.
Still, you have to factor in the cost of having them custom printed. This will add an additional cost to the invitation. Some individuals on a tighter budget may want to consider purchasing the blank invitations and then doing the printing themselves perhaps with a high quality office printer or even a local printer willing to offer a good price. Yet, remember, your invitation is a key ingredient in the way that people will perceive your wedding, so make sure it is a great looking invitation in print.
Your wedding invitation is an opportunity for you to share some of your joy and excitement of your wedding with those you want to share it with. With that thought in mind, look for a wedding professional locally or even on the web that can help you to create the perfect wedding invitation for your guests. You will truly enjoy just how wonderful the invitation can be when you find that perfect one. There are many options to select from, but just the right wedding invitation is what's important here.
This hub brought to you.....
by Julie-Ann Amos, professional writer, and owner of international writing agency www.ExquisiteWriting.com
Why not create your own HubPages? It's fun and you can make revenue from Adsense and other revenue streams on your pages. JOIN HUBPAGES NOW - SIMPLY CLICK HERE...
This work is licenced under the Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this licence, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/ or send a letter to CreativeCommons, 171 Second Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, California94105, USA.