- Gender and Relationships
Does Facebook Ruin Relationships??
Does Social Networking Help People Cheat
So lets be honest, in this new world of never ending technology there is so much that can be done online that it is impossible to keep up with everything. When it comes to social networking on different sites such as, Myspace, Facebook, Tagged etc., there is a ever growing trend of infidelity and old lovers reuniting secretly daily. Now don't get me wrong, it is beautiful how these sites have reunited tons of families as well as long lost loves. But what about when you are currently in a relationship and that old flame you never got over decides to drop you a friend request on Facebook?? What do you do??
I know alot of couples who actually both have Facebook accounts and they are very trustworthy of one another because of the security and commitment in there relationships. So thats the good part!! I also know some couples who have secret social networking accounts and their spouse or significant other have no idea. If there is nothing going on then why do you have to hide it and why can't the other party have one as well??
It is hard enough when you are out in public and you see an ex or your partners ex and you all have this weird awkward moment but online it is a little different. Even though I am in a relationship, (and I have noted that on my profile) people still have a tendency to inbox me saying how they always had a crush on me and they miss me and so forth. It really irritates me because me and my partner have each others pass codes but not to snoop, but because we have alot of trust. We also use our Facebook accounts for business purposes as well so this helps when the other is not around. So it really sickens me when people do not respect the fact that you have moved on or never had intentions of hooking back up with old flings.
Personally I do have friends who cheat and hook up with exes and new dudes that they have met on these social sites but it is not for me to judge. I just had to wonder if you are in a serious relationship, is it Facebook etc. or you and your relationship?? Can we really blame Facebook for all the little filthy sneaky things these cheaters do?? Yes and No in my opinion. Oh and by the way I must add that it is not just my female friends, it is also the males who feel like they can just do what they want because they see some old or new options.
I honestly do not believe that these site account for all of the issues but it sure helps. Nowadays when people cheat they already know that their partner 9 times out of 10 will look in their phone. Sites like Facebook and Myspace just make it a little easier to creep especially if your partner does not have your pass code.
How Can You Tell Your Partner Or Spouse Is Using facebook To Cheat??
There are a number of ways to spot the signs of a cheater whether it is on or offline.
- They are very private about who they talk too- This is very suspicious too me because when I run into old friends on Facebook I love showing my partner because I want him to already have an understanding or be aware of my life and past friends.
- They never want to log on in front of you even if you do so - A very good sign because they usually have inbox messages if they have been sending some and they know you will be curious as to what they are talking about secretly with others even if it is innocent in the end.
- They do not want you to have one- OK now this is an obvious sign because just like they have a past and old school friends, so do you. So what is this about?? Most people who cheat or have intentions of cheating on these sites do not want you to be on their friend list of course because then you will be able to see certain comments etc. and next thing you know the questions will start and they know it will cost problems.
- They Profile Status Is Still "Single" or "Its Complicated": This really opens the doors for people to feel that they can pursue your partner as well as say what they want freely on their wall. This causes alot of drama because these pursuers are under the impression that your partner is single or that their current relationship is in trouble.
- They Have Alot Of Exes On Their Friend List: Too many exes mean nothing but drama. I know their are people who went to school with their exes and/or they are still just good friends but it just seems odd when every last one of them are on there list but you are not. I think the past should be left in the past and so forth.