Hey! Don't Steal my Sunshine
Has your sunshine ever been stolen?
As a society we won't always see eye to eye. We all have our own opinions. We all have different views. We either learn to work together or we go our separate ways. We shouldn't judge others or assume something unless you know the facts.
No one is right. No one is wrong. We are all unique individuals. We are all residents of the huge melting pot we call earth. There will be days that you'd prefer to live on another planet, and that's OK too.
Some of us thrive on drama and seek high and low to find it. Some of us prefer to live their lives drama-free. Reality tells us otherwise. Drama will catch up to each of us when we least expect it. We will all be blindsided at one time or another.
We prefer not to be surrounded with negative vibes. We prefer not to have our sunshine stolen. There will be days when some of us might disagree, which is fine. We just work through it. If that's not possible then you part ways. It's all good.
Granted negativity and drama will make your heart sad and you might begin to question whether you are doing something wrong. Chances are you most likely aren't. Chances are you are just being you.
You shouldn't change yourself to please others. If someone can't accept you for you, then they aren't worth being a part of your life. Don't allow negativity to drain your being. Don't develop a bitter taste. Most importantly, do not allow your sunshine to be stolen.
Keep on shining...
Fact: No matter how much someone might try to steer away from drama, they will have to deal with it.
It's impossible not to encounter something or someone that could turn a good day upside down! If life was all peaches and cream how would we ever learn? How would we ever know how to deal with difficult situations or people?
We live and learn. We all make mistakes, it's part of growth. No matter what you do, or where you are, you will inevitably cross paths with someone who will try to steal your sunshine.
Just remember it's not a permanent situation. You will survive! You will get your sunshine back. It might take a while, but you will triumph. You will learn a lesson along the way. Treasure those lessons.
Don't allow anyone else to control your emotions and attempt to alter you into someone you aren't. Don't allow the sunshine in you to fizzle out.
You will have a mourning period. It's how you use this time that will determine how quickly you bounce back and get your sunshine rocking again!
I've included a list of ways to get your sunshine back! I hope they help you deal with your drama. In the meanwhile...chin up and keep on shining!
Len - Steal My Sunshine
Ways To Get Your Sunshine Back
- Turn up the tunes! Listen to music and dance until you are exhilarated and exhausted.
- Don't sweat the small stuff. Ask yourself if this will matter tomorrow. Chances are it won't.
- Shake it off. Literally. From head to toe. One body part at a time. Start shaking.
- Take a walk and cool off. Recall good memories and allow your heart to be happy.
- Watch your favorite sitcom and laugh until your face and tummy hurts.
- Write out your feelings into a journal.
- Scream into or punch a pillow. You want to release anger, not hurt yourself.
- Bake a pie and add extra whipped cream.
- Clean one room of your home at a time, declutter your life. In addition, declutter your social media life also. No one needs baggage in their life.
- Shop until you drop, yet within your means. Being in debt has never solved a problem.
- Curl up on the sofa and read a book. Read a trilogy!
- Cry until the well is dry. Chances are you will regain your strength and learn from the experience.
- Blow it off. Allow Karma to be in charge.
- Talk to a trusted friend. Relish in the hugs, whether in reality or virtually.
- Wear your smile proudly. You are braver than you think.
- Catch some rays and get your sunshine back.
- Eat your favorite comfort food. Don't concern yourself with calorie intake.
- Cuddle with your pet.
- Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and move forward.
- Continue to be your amazing self. No one should ever take away your sunshine. Your rays will forever shine and those who surround you will feel the warmth of your glow.
Sheryl Crow - Soak Up The Sun
Has your sunshine ever been stolen?
© 2012 Linda Bilyeu