The Language of Love: Romantic Poetry Gifts
Romantic Poetry: The Language of Love
At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet - (Plato)
If music is the food of love (to paraphrase Shakespeare’s famous words) then poetry is the language of love. Throughout the ages poetry has been used to express love and passion and most of the best-known poems are love poems. All of us can recite at least one line from a famous love poem. Like “How Do I love thee, let me count the ways.” This hub contains some famous love poems, famous love quotes and romantic gifts that have poetry or love quotes.
Romantic Love Gifts
Romantic Jewelry with words "I love you more each day."
Ten Romantic Poetry Gift Ideas
With Valentine's Day approaching many lovers are searching for the perfect Valentines Gift. Here are some romantic gift ideas for Valentines gifts that feature romantic poetry and quotes. This list features common, popular romantic gifts.
1. Romantic Jewelry: Jewelry is one of the most popular romantic gifts. If you want jewelry with love poems or quotes then look for engraved jewelry or personalize jewelry with your own message of love.
2. Romantic Jewelry Boxes and Keepsake Boxes: Look for jewelry boxes which have short love poems or messages on the lid or inside the box. You can also find keepsake and valet boxes with romantic poetry.
3. Love Picture Frames: Add to the romance of a memorable photo by placing it in a love picture frame which has a poem or love quote.
4. Love Keychains: This is a simple but great gift since it is one your beloved carries around daily. Look for locket or heart keychains which you can personalize with an engraved message of love from you. You can also find love keychains with poetry at online stores like Zazzle.
5. Love Coffee Mugs: Add to the romance of each morning together by sharing steaming coffee in mugs with messages of love. Or use these mugs to drink a warm cup of cocoa on a cold night.
6. Romantic Love Drink Coasters: If you like to drink wine with your partner or you occasionally have romantic dinners at home then love coasters add the perfect romantic touch to create the right mood.
7. Love Poetry Books: If your lover enjoys poetry they will definitely appreciate this romantic gift. You can also read love poems to each other.
8. Magnetic Poetry Kits: Create your own short love poems with magnetic poetry. This is a great romantic gift that promotes creativity, romance and communication between couples. How nice to wake up to a message of love on the fridge each morning or go to bed with a sweet love poem from your lover.
9. Romantic Poetry and Love Posters: Look for a poetry poster of your lover's favorite romantic love poem and get it framed then present them with this thoughtful romantic gift. Alternatively, buy framed love poetry posters which are created for special romantic occasions like Valentines, weddings and anniversaries.
10. Love Plaques: This is a great romantic gift which can be used for office or home décor. You can find love plaques with love quotes, romantic poetry and even marriage and relationship advice.
How Do I Love Thee by Elizabeth Barrett Browning
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight.
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candlelight.
I love thee freely, as men strive for right
I love thee purely, as they turn from praise
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints, --I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! -- and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.
Annabel Lee By Edgar Allan Poe
"We loved with a love that was more than love," one of the most famous love quotes is drawn from this poem.
It was many and many a year ago,
In a kingdom by the sea,
That a maiden there lived whom you may know
By the name of ANNABEL LEE;
And this maiden she lived with no other thought
Than to love and be loved by me.
I was a child and she was a child,
In this kingdom by the sea;
But we loved with a love that was more than love-
I and my Annabel Lee;
With a love that the winged seraphs of heaven
Coveted her and me.......
You can read the rest of Annabel Lee by Edgar Allan Poe here.
Look here for romantic gifts featuring the Edgar Allan Poe love quote like the greeting card and fridge magnet on the right.
Love mug with Shakespeare love quotes.
Shakespeare Love Quotes
You cannot talk about love poems without mentioning Shakespeare one of the greatest love poets. Since his body of work is so extensive and his poems tend to be quite long I have decided to list just a few Shakespeare love quotes.
- Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind,
And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.
~William Shakespeare, Mid-Summer Night's Dream, 1595
- Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or Bends with the remover to remove.
O, no! It is an ever-fixed mark,
That looks on tempests and is never shaken.
It is the star to every wandering bark,
whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken. ~William Shakespeare, "Sonnet CXVI"
- Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. ~William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet.
- If music be the food of love, play on. ~William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night
- She's beautiful, and therefore to be wooed; She is woman, and therefore to be won. ~William Shakespeare, Henry VI
- Hear my soul speak. Of the very instant that I saw you, Did my heart fly at your service. ~William Shakespeare, The Tempest.
- Doubt that the stars are fire, Doubt that the sun doth move his aides, Doubt truth to be a liar, But never doubt I love. ~William Shakespeare, Hamlet.
- I would not wish any companion in the world but you. ~William Shakespeare, The Tempest.
Inspiration poster with, "Love like you have never been hurt," quote.
Short Inspirational Love Poems and Love Quotes
This short inspirational love poem is often attributed to Mark Twain:
Dance like no one is watching.
Sing like no one is listening.
Love like you've never been hurt,
and live like it's heaven on Earth.
Time is too slow for those who wait,
too swift for those who fear,
too long for those who grieve,
too short for those who rejoice,
but for those who love - time is eternity.
Love Is Romantic Gifts
Love Plaque with "Love Is Patient Bible Verse."
Love Is Patient Bible Verse: Corinthians 13
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails…..And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. (1st Corinthians 13, Bible Verse)
Love Is Patient Poem
Love is patient;
Love is kind.
Love is not jealous or boastful;
It is not arrogant or rude.
Love does not insist on its own way;
It is not irritable or resentful;
It does not rejoice at wrong,
But rejoices in the right.
Love bears all things,
Believes all things,
Hopes all things,
Endures all things.