Get That Spark Back!!! What You Can Do For Your Girl or Guy!
All You Need Is Love
How Did We Get This Way?
You know what I'm talking about. How in the beginning everything was hot and heavy and you couldn't get enough of each other. You couldn't get them off your mind and seeing them gave you butterflies in your tummy. In most relationships however, this tends to fizzle out after the novelty has worn off. People's schedules are crazy hectic, there's job stress and children come along. There seems to be no time, in some cases no money, or you're just plain too tired. This is why a good relationship takes work. But don't worry, it's a FUN kinda work! Whatever the case is, Ive got solutions for you that will help get back that much missed romance.
1. Kids- Find someone you trust, a family member or friend and ask them to watch the kiddos for a few hours (or even better, overnight!) while you and your baby recapture some of that lost magic.
- Go out to your favorite restaurant
- Take a long, slow walk down a romantic street holding hands
Just stay out of movie theaters; they're not romantic and what you should be doing is enjoying each other, not a flick.
2. Too Tired - Stay in.
- If it's cold, make some hot apple cider and snuggle under a blanket by the fire (if you don't have a fireplace the couch will do nicely)
- Play a game; there are some great board and card games specifically made for lovers that will get the imagination (and juices) flowing
- Make them dinner and don't forget her favorite wine or his beloved beer
- Cooking together can definitely be a turn on. "Accidentally" brushing up against them as you walk by, bending over because "Oops! I dropped a fork!" lets your partner know how much you want them. It's just a precursor for the fun that will be happening later on in the evening.....if you can hold off that long
- Later in the evening, whoever is the least tired gives the full body massage. Darken the bedroom, turn off the lights, light some candles and incense, put on some low music (blues are wonderful for this type of setting) have your partner lay naked on the bed and feel them melt underneath your hands. Massage usually leads to love making so the person doing the massage should be wearing either lingerie or nothing at all!
3. No Money-
- Massage is free and so is love. Bubble baths don't cost a thing and you were going to take a shower anyway. Taking a bath together is an even better idea (it also saves your water/electric bill)
- Make them a sexy coupon book: Some clean ideas are; "Good for one back rub" or "Good for a 10 second kiss". These are fine but I'm sure you can come up with much better. You know what your partner likes so use your imagination!
Some other fun ideas:
- Send them naughty "things I want to do to you" texts while they're at work. This will have them thinking about you all day and they won't be able to get home fast enough!
- Play video games with him. Guys love a girl that can get into what he's into. Hopefully you won't have to pretend to enjoy it because that defeats the purpose. I actually love hanging out with my man when he plays xbox
- Throw a superbowl party (this can be done for any sport any time of year- whenever a big game is on) for him and his friends ONLY. You do the cooking, buy buckets of beer and then go out with your friends or just do something you like to do. He will be so grateful (and if he isn't, you might be with the wrong man) that he'll find a way to say thank you
- If they're comfortable with this type of thing, surprise him/her with sexy outfits and sex toys. This stuff is guaranteed to spice up your bedroom life!
- Show up at their job unannounced, bring their favorite lunch and have it somewhere quiet and private. Bring a blanket, sit outdoors if you can
- Leave the cell phones, mp3 players, laptops, etc at home or put them away. Nothing is worse than being with the one you love and them being on their phone all the time.
- Lastly, make sure to hug and kiss them! And always remember to tell them you love and appreciate them.
Feel free to give me your ideas, I'd love to hear them!