Great Ideas For Personalized Wedding Invitations
Time To Start Planning Your Wedding Already?
Before I get into all this, I just want to congratulate to everyone who is planning on getting married. I'm sure that you have been fantasizing of your wedding day since you were a tiny girl. Prince charming has finally come into your life and has asked you to marry him. So it's time to take the next steps into planning your wedding. Wedding's can be a lot to handle with planning the venue, food items, photographer, and so on. Before you start inviting people I wanted to share some knowledge I came across online about wedding invitations. Did you know that you could create your own personalized invitations?
Not too long ago I received one of these invitations in the mail and when I opened it, they had caricatures of the soon to be bride and groom on the front. These were no ordinary invitations and really stood out among the rest of the wedding invitations I received in the past because of how unique they were. For those planning a wedding ceremony program this would be a great way to kick-start the event.
What not to do:
1. When making wedding purchases don't be in a rush to buy what you need. Instead take your time and make sure you buy the best options that you find. The reason is because a wedding will only happen once in your life and there are no do overs. So when you plan your wedding make sure that you choose professionals that have done this before.
2. Remember that the cheapest option isn't going to be the best option when it comes to wedding so make sure that you hire professionals with experience and that can give you proof of there work.
3. When going threw your list of who to invite make sure that you invite the people in your lives that mean the most to you. You don't have to invite everyone that you met and you shouldn't feel bad for not inviting them. This is a special day for you and the love of your life so invite the people that matter to you both.
What to do:
1.Make sure to plan ahead so that everything can be done on schedule. When doing so it helps to hire a wedding planner to relieve some of the stress. For those that are planning to plan their own wedding I hope that you are well organized because it's going to take a lot of planning, scheduling and coordination with vendors, caters, photographers and so forth to make sure that everything can go as planned on your big day.
2.Weddings are pricey so make sure to gather your expenses in a list so that you don't spend too much on one thing.
3.Communicate with your spouse and make sure that they are helping you plan the wedding and make decisions together. This will help you both out by spending more time with one another. This can also be fun for the both of you.
Custom Wedding Invitation. It's as easy as 1.....2......3
This wonderful lady provides us with wedding Do's and Don'ts. She recently got married and provides us with some tips to get us threw the wedding process.
A great video showing us how to create custom wedding save the date magnets on PosePrints website.
Collection of Wedding Invitations:
While browsing the Internet here are some great wedding invitations that I came across and wanted to share. These each have there own style and will make your wedding one to remember. These really stood out to me because of their unique styles and personalized looks.
What To Write On An Invitation?
We all have to put some writing on our wedding invitations, so what are some basic rules that you need to follow before writing a wedding invitation? Well for starters there are many different forms of wedding invitation wording. It's best to write your invitations that best suits you as a couple, and the wedding you have in mind. The invitation wording should reflect your wedding. For example if you are hosting your wedding at a large church and black tie reception, formal invitation wording is appropriate. If you're having a casual wedding at a park, then casual invitation wording will work.
Here are three questions to ask when writing your invitations:
1. For what is this an invitation?
- Jack and Jill cordially invite you to celebrate the exchanging of their wedding vows.
- You are invited to attend the union of Jack Smith and Jill Jones.
- The honor of your presence is requested at the marriage of Ms. Jill Sandy Jones and Mr. Jack Smith.
- Mr. & Mrs. Bob Jones request the honor of your presence at the wedding of their daughter Jill Jones to Mr. Jack Smith.
2. Where and When is the wedding?
- November 20th, 2012 at 3 o'clock in the afternoon at 1st Baptist Church
- The ceremony will take place on November 20th at 3 o'clock in the afternoon at the home of Mr. & Mrs. Bob Jones. 123 Market Street, San Francisco CA.
3. Is there a reception? What else do guests need to know?
- Reception to follow immediately. Dinner will be served, accompanied with a full bar
- Catered Reception to follow the ceremony
- Light refreshments served immediately following ceremony
- You know what's best for you as a couple. If you have planned a semi-casual wedding, wording that is more personal may be better suited to your needs. Make your writing style that reflects you as a couple and the wedding that you have planned.
How to Give Your Wording Visual Appeal
When you are laying out your wording, you might notice that sometimes sentences run together or cut off in awkward places. Your invitations will have visual appeal if each line breaks at a natural place, and there are spaces between paragraphs. It is easy to achieve this look with a few well placed returns and spaces. Compare the two samples below:
invite you to share in their joyous occasion.
The exchange of their wedding vows.
3 o'clock in the afternoon,
Nov 20th, 2012
At the Old Meadow Gardens.
Dinner and dancing to follow
Jill Jones and
Jack Smith invite you
to share in their joyous occasion.
The exchange of their wedding
2012 3 o'clock in the afternoon
Fun and Easy Ideas for Personalized Wedding Invitations
For those who haven’t purchased received personalized wedding invitations you’re missing out on a wonderful opportunity. When a guest receives an invitation to a wedding, it should reflect a shift in the general wedding culture, which is placing more of an emphasis on being unique and expressing whatever it’s the couple decides to express. This is your chance to show the guests a preview of what the wedding will be like so make sure to leave a good first impression. And that’s exactly what personalized wedding invitations accomplish.
The first step when creating a personalized wedding invitation is to choose accessories such as, ribbons, pressed flowers, wax seals, crystals or charms. Any of these delightful accents can be a great way to take your invites from ordinary to extraordinary with minimal effort and expense. Plus, there’s less chance of your custom wedding invitation getting lost amongst the junk mail!
If you’re going for a sassier look or planning a diamond themed wedding then add Swarovski crystals or rhinestones for a beautiful, sparkling wedding invitation. Not only will the added glitz give your invites some special shine, it will add a 3D element that can’t be missed!
For the ultimate in customization, consider including a caricature of the future bride and groom with each invitation. Checking out PosePrints will allow you to easily create a caricature of yourself. Including your baby pictures is also a cute idea, or you could include your favorite engagement photo. However you choose to do it, including a picture in your custom wedding invitations is one more great way to get guests in the right frame of mind for the big day!