Is He Mr. Right or Oh So Wrong?
I can't say that I have been on the dating scene in a long...okay, a VERY long time but being a Mom of three older children and a bud to all their friends I am privy to hear all kinds of stories. I try to give the best advice I can...
So a friend of my daughter is away at college, gorgeous, intelligent and funny but for some reason her luck with guys has not been the greatest. First she kept meeting all the players, the ones who wanted, well you know what is on the mind of most single 19 year old men! My daughter and I encouraged her to be patient that the right sweet guy was out there for her. Enter the Cuddler, no need to make out or even for a kiss goodnight. A cuddle and an evening watching Disney movies would suffice...any bells or whistles yet? No need to stay too late they would see each other soon. As a parent my reaction was( no need to worry about this one taking advantage of her.) As a woman and friend something was off. She has since moved on and he as since "came out." Knowing I was going to write about this I asked for any other signals she may have picked up on. Never heard of this one, but I think it kind of makes sense, she says she found it rather disconcerting he wrote lengthy, ALL CAPS, lots of exclamation points texts!!! I know there are some happy texters out there but apparently, he carried it to the extreme. So in an effort to help a few other girls and just for a laugh with tongue firmly implanted in cheek... I offer a few other signs he may not be the right guy for you to date but oh so much fun to hang with!
- You vote Transformers and he wants to watch Tangled.
- You want to listen to The Black Keys and he wants to listen to the Wicked soundtrack so you both agree on Lady GaGa.
- He tells you chartreuse is not your color, you tell him not to be silly you have on green!
- He insists he has to go home early so you can "both" get your beauty sleep.
- He knows who Jimmy Choo is and you know where to find the nearest Payless.
- You take an hour getting ready, put on your best outfit and he still looks better than you!
- You find out he is has a Rob Pattinson doll like yours, and is so excited you are both "Team Edward."
- He anticipates the season premiere of Glee and Vampire Diaries even more than you.
- He would LOVE to go see the latest Nicolas Sparks movie!
- You go in for the goodnight kiss and....insert cuddle here.
He IS Out There!
This was all written in fun, but as someone happily married for 26 years, I just want to say..hang in there! The one for you could be right around the corner! We all have our quirks and hang ups. The ability to see past that can be a good thing if there is someone cool behind it all. Be yourself, enjoy who you, your friends and family are, it will help you recognize the right "Mr. Right." If all else fails...who couldn't use a good cuddle now and again?