How to Avoid Conflict
Conflict seems hard to avoid sometimes... but it's not unavoidable. There are measures you can take to completely avoid conflict. Of course, this is only what I would do to avoid conflict...
1. Don't speak. If you don't say anything, you can't upset people over things you say. This is hard for some people.
2. Sometimes not speaking can cause conflict, especially with your wife. So if you're doing number one (not speaking, that is), then make sure you're at least answering the right people, like your wife.
3. Don't use the internet--this really just includes anything to do with social media. If you update your status on Facebook or Tweet or blog or Plurk or... there's a chance you're going to offend somebody.
4. Avoid people. Again, don't avoid your wife or boss, but conflict is (usually) between people. So if you're not coming into contact with other people, conflict can be avoided. Pets are another issue.
5. This may not apply to everyone, but you may not want to drive. Driving causes many conflicts, some you don't even know you caused. Don't do it.
That's what I would recommend.
Obviously, it's hard to avoid conflict. In fact, I don't think you can. So what happens when conflict occurs? At work? At home? On the road? Online?
What do you do to resolve conflict?