How to Enjoy a Fun Girls' Day Out
Girls Posing, Laughing, Smiling and Having Fun!
Because Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!
Girls of all ages enjoy a day every now and then that is especially dedicated to them. They want to get away from the busyness of life for a bit and just enjoy some fun down time to let their hair down and have some giggles along the way. Maybe you are a Mom who is looking for some fun ways to spend a day out with your daughter or daughters. Maybe you just want to enjoy a day with friends your own age.
Here are some fun ideas for a great "Girls Day Out."
- A place to be pampered - A spa, a place to have fingernails done, manicures or pedicures or other fun girly activities are always enjoyed. You can plan a special afternoon at a hair salon and have hair and nails done at the same time, or find a place to enjoy a sauna or facials. Any type of pampering will make a girl feel like a million bucks when the day is done and she'll have fond memories of a fun day to reflect on.
- A Chick Flick - Get together with your friends or for a Mom and daughter day by picking out a great girly movie to go see together. This is a movie that the guys will not want to go to. No one is shot in it and no cars are sent soaring into the air during dramatic police chases. Keep the movie age appropriate. If you are going with a young girl, a Disney movie is always a great choice, or a cartoon film.
- Have a special meal together - Pick a place that everyone in the group will love. It can be very special like Sushi, to very casual like pizza. A Japanese place where food is cooked right at the table provides entertainment and a great meal! It's smart to agree on where to eat and work out things like how the bill will be paid ahead of time. I've been to many get together's with the girls where calculators are brought out after eating and the check divided. An even better option is to have separate checks, and most waiters and waitresses are happy to oblige when you request that.
- Attend a live show together that everyone will enjoy - Depending on where you live, choices can be limited for live shows. If you want to spend a fun day with very young girls, something like "Disney On Ice" is a good choice or the latest live show that is specially geared towards the preschool age set. For older girls, a live show can be a concert that everyone will enjoy or a live off-Broadway type of show.
- Dancing Classes! - This can be a really fun activity for the young and older girls alike. Sign up for dancing classes together and enjoy the benefits of healthy physical activity along with a lot of fun! Take a belly dancing class together (older girls)... younger ones enjoy tap and modern dance classes. Everyone can enjoy things like square dancing and country line dancing. Girls just seem to love dancing, no matter what their age is!
- Take Craft Classes Together - Make time to take some fun crafting classes together. These can be scrap-booking classes, knitting, sewing, crocheting, painting, drawing or other fun activities. The more enjoyable and interesting the craft activity is for everyone going to the class, the more fun your group of girls, or just a couple of girls will have.
- Go To A Fashion Show Together! - This is a great option for here in Las Vegas, but I also know that there are fashion shows held in malls across the country. Next time you see that a fashion show will be coming to your town, make a fun girls day out from the experience!
I feel incredibly lucky to live in a place like Las Vegas where the options for movies and live shows are very plentiful. There are shows here that would provide a very fun day out for girls of any age, and many of them do not have to be expensive.
I went to an event held recently at a local casino called "Diva's Day Out" in which booths were set up and were geared specifically to women. Booths featuring lessons in yoga and jazzercize were very popular. There were also booths for places that women could go to and spend an afternoon or a day being pampered. Some of these places were for fingernails, some were for facials, massages or other activities that would provide a fun day out for a group of girls!
Look For Special Children's Activities If The Girl Or Girls Are Young
It pays to search for activities that are child friendly and child based if you are having a special day out with a special little girl. It can be a young daughter who might like to bring along some of her friends, or it can be a special Grandma and Grand-daughter day out.
Here in Las Vegas we have a really special place called the Ooh La La Girly Spa that looks like it would be such a fun place to take a special girl or a group of girls! They specialize in girly type pampering activities like facials, nails (both pedicures and manicures), special hair styles and just a fun day out for the girls.
Special birthday parties can be held at Ooh La La and they can also arrange just a special day out for you and your special little girl. From looking at their website, it seems as if adults have as much fun at Ooh La La Girly Spa as the little girls do!
Look On The Internet For Places In Your Local Area That Cater To Girls Birthday Parties
Some other advice is to look in your local area for places that are similar to the Ooh La La Girly Spa here in Las Vegas. In just a few minutes of searching on the Internet, I found one place that seems to be very similar in Washington State, a place called the Tickled Pink Spa. They have special birthday packages for little girls birthday parties. These places can really make a special girl feel just like a princess on her special day!
There are also places that cater to events for young girls for special days, and those special days don't have to be birthday parties either! One place I found lets you set up a special tea party for your special girl, based on a fairytale or storybook theme. A little bit of creative Internet searching, looking for places that specialize in fun girly activities can yield a wealth of fun things to do for any special girls day out!
Another great place I found in my Internet search is a place in Dallas, Texas called "Wishes Upon Wishes" which caters to having special tea parties for girls in all different themes. Girls can choose from fairy tale or princess or other themes. Everyone will have a great time and make some very special memories in the process from a very special day.
Creativity can yield a wealth of fun ideas for a fun girls day out! If you or someone you know has planned a fun girls day out, share in the comments below. Maybe your idea will spark an idea for someone else and can be a fun way to pay it forward!
Enjoy your special girls day out, especially if you are spending it with a very young girl. She will grow up entirely too fast and be on her own before you know it. Cherish every second while they are young!
For older girls, enjoy each others companionship and friendship. There is nothing else in the world like the close friendship shared by girlfriends. We need each other to help each other through the trials and tribulations through life, no one is totally there for you like a great girlfriend, if you have a close friend, you have a treasure beyond compare.
The Ooh La La Girly Spa In Las Vegas, Tickled Pink Spa In Washington, and Wishes Upon Wishes In Dallas
- Wishes Upon Wishes - About Us - Named "Best Tea Party" in Dallas by Mamasource.com
About Us♥ Owner/Event Planner and Fairy Godmother, Melissa Stinson, is a wedding minister and former NICU nurse and is a married mother of four beautiful daughters who taught her all about playing, pretending and tea parties. Children's p
- Tickled Pink Spa - Girls Package in Bothell , WA - PlaceFull
Book Parties, Events, and Services - Instantly! PlaceFull offers easy online reservations for hundreds of venues and services.