- Gender and Relationships»
- Dating & Online Dating
7 Great Ways to Find True Love Through Dating
How to Find Love Through Dating
Dating to find love can be a challenging task. There are many young men and women who have still not found someone to love after searching for months, and sometimes years. However, many young people find love whilst dating. You can also find love, if you are single and searching for a partner.
Let us look at some ways you can find love dating or find love again dating, if you were in a relationship that broke up.
Pray to the God of Love
In 1 John 4 v 8 of the Bible, it states that, “…God is love.” God is the foundation of true love. He showed His love for His creation by sacrificing His only Son to save man from his sins. He shows His love every day by forgiving the sins of those who sin against Him. He can help anyone who is looking for true love to find true love.
All you have to do is to ask Him to help you to find true love through dating. You may pray a prayer such as, “Dear God of love, thank you for loving me every day. Thank you for giving me my friends and family who love me. Thank you for giving us the gift of romantic relationships through which we share our love with the special person you have made to love us. Father, I want to find love through dating so that I can have a helper and a companion who will help me to fulfill my purpose on Earth. You know the hearts of men. I will soon be dating to find love. Please direct me to my soulmate, just as you directed Abraham’s servant to Rebekah, when Abraham was looking for a wife for his son Isaac. When we find each other,
please help us to know we are made for each other. Speak to my heart. Show me and let that special person also recognize me as his lover. Amen.”
Set up a great profile on Facebook. Make sure the quality of your picture is good. Additionally, ensure that your face is clear in the picture—upload a picture in which you are not wearing sunglasses, your reading spectacles, or a hat.
Furthermore, make sure that that you are smiling in the picture because it will make you look more attractive. Then, search for groups that espouse your passions and interests. For example, if you like soccer, search for soccer groups. Chances are that you will meet someone who also likes soccer in that group.
When you see someone whose profile looks interesting, send him or her a friend request or a message. You can send a message such as, “Hi! I see you also like soccer? I am a passionate soccer fan too! I support Accra Great Olympics and would love to connect with you so that we can talk a lot more about soccer! By the way, I think you look great in your Great Olympics jersey. I think you will be an interesting person to have as a friend. Hope to hear from you! Enjoy the rest of your day! Cheers!”
If the person responds positively to your friend request or the message, start a friendship. There is a likelihood that you will connect and grow to like each other since you can converse about things you both like.
Then, with time, when you feel confident that you can meet the man or woman in person, convey your feelings to him or her. Make the first date a special occasion by ensuring you entertain the person so that he or she will grow to like you even more.
Then, continue to charm the person and with time he or she will fall in love with you.
If you are a professional, consider using Linkedin. You are likely to meet someone who is also in the same profession you are using to make a living. This will make it easier for the two of you to find common things to talk about which will help both of you to like each other.
When you see someone you are attracted to, connect with the person and start a conversation along professional lines. Let the person see your competence and in-depth knowledge of your field. He or she may admire you and want to know you better and so may ask for a date. Then, you can develop the friendship until it develops into love.
Go to Places Where You Will Meet People Who Share Your Interests
Research conducted by Columbus University some years ago showed that people normally fall in love with those they live close to.
So, visit places in your neighborhood where you are likely to meet a person of the opposite sex who loves what you also love doing, often. For example, if you enjoy watching birds, join the bird watching club in your community.
This will increase the chances that you will meet a man or woman who also loves doing what you love doing, increasing the chances that you will meet a man or a woman that you can bond with and become friends with quickly.
As you continue to meet often and talk about things you both love doing, you will draw closer emotionally, you will grow to like each other better every day, and with time you will grow to fall in love with each other.
Use Good Communication Skills When You Go on Dates
A study conducted by Stanford University has shown that the way you communicate with a person can influence that person to connect with you emotionally. For example, women like men who appreciate them and share their cares, and men like talking about women.
When you connect emotionally, your date will like you better, and there is a greater chance that he or she will fall in love with you.
If you are a man, find out the problems the woman is facing. Then offer useful advice which can help her solve some of her problem. If you can’t help her to solve the problem yourself, direct her to people who can help her solve the problem or use your connections to get people to help her.
- If you are a man, appreciate the woman’s beauty and intellect and tell her honestly what you think about how she looks and how intelligent she is. Let her feel and know that you think she is a special woman.
- Give cues that you understand what she is saying, from time to time. Make conversations engaging by giving valuable inputs.
- If you are a woman, talk about yourself a lot. Speak about 70% of the time and ask the man probing questions which will make him reveal himself to you.
- Share jokes so that you can lighten the atmosphere. This will help you to feel comfortable with your friend and that will make it easier for you to express yourself and show a charming personality. Moreover, it will help you to build a good rapport, you will learn to like each other better, and that can develop into love.
Ask Interesting Questions When You Have Dates
Questions will help you to get to know what is in the heart and mind of your dating partner. From the information he or she will divulge, you will be able to judge their character, and visions and dreams they have for their future so that you can judge whether these align with what you want in your ideal partner.
The questions will help you to know if you will be compatible with the man or woman. If the person is compatible with you, there is a greater chance that you will grow to love each other with time.
Here are some questions you may consider asking your date:
- What kind of people do you like to hang out with?—This question will help you know the kind of friends he or she has. As the adage goes, “Birds of the same feather flock together.” You will be able to gauge his character from the kind of people he or she goes out with.
- Are most of your friends men or women? – You will learn whether he or she relates well to the opposite sex. Chances are that if he or she finds it easy to relate to members of the opposite sex, they will understand the opposite sex better and so be better lovers.
- What kind of family did you grow up in? Did you receive love from both a father and mother or from a single parent?—A man or woman who was loved as a child will know how to love someone better than a guy or woman who knew no love in childhood.
- Find out how he or she relates to their siblings. A person who gets on well with his or her siblings may have good human relations and so may be a better lover than someone who does not get on well even with the people close to him or her.
- What movies do you like? What kind of music do you love listening to?—It will give you a sense of how they spend their leisure time and whether you can spend quality time together bonding some more when you are not busy.
Show Good Character
Research has shown that when you have a strong sense of self-identity, when you are secure about yourself, when you show a lot of self- confidence, it can help to make someone fall in love with you.
So, know yourself. Know your temperament, what you want in an ideal lover, your strengths and weaknesses, and the values you stand by.
In addition, believe in yourself and exhibit a confident personality. You are likely to attract someone who also feels and looks confident, and who will like you for who you are.
Chances are that such a person will like you because he or she will find you attractive. That liking can grow into love, if you nurture it with constant communication, spending quality time together and getting to know each other better.
To find love through dating, you need to ask God for guidance and direction, exercise patience, broaden your love horizon as well as test the motives of the prospective lovers you meet. In addition, avoid having premarital sex so that you can discover the person who will love you even when you cannot have sex in marriage, later.
Doing these things will help to make your dating a success. When you feel that you are in love and the man is right for you or the woman will make you happy, try to develop the relationship until your lover makes a life-long commitment.
How to Find Love Through Dating
Do you know how to ask probing questions?
© 2017 Isaac Yaw Asiedu Nunoofio