How to Win a Woman's Heart (Tips from her Dog)
So after writing a fun list of marriage tips for wives based upon treating your husband a little more like you treat your beloved pet dog (see link below):
I started thinking, if women can learn how to treat their husbands better from the way they treat their dogs, well the inverse must be true as well. Every woman I've ever met who has a pet dog is pretty crazy about him.. So, if you're a man looking to earn a woman's eternal love, maybe there are a few things her dog could teach you about how to win her heart!
1) Protect her. When I take my German Shepherd for a walk I always feel safe. When I hear a noise in the middle of the night, and I look over at him, alert to the slightest sound next to me, I know he'll warn me if anything's wrong. And it's not just the big dogs that protect us - years ago my mother had a little Lhasa Apso and when one night someone broke into her house that tiny dog's bark scared the would-be robber away before he could take a thing. Women like to feel safe and secure in all situations, a woman wants to know you'll be there to protect her no matter what, and she wants to know you'll alert her of any potential danger. A safe woman is a secure woman, and a secure woman is a happy woman.
2) Let her protect you. For most women, a maternal instinct comes pretty naturally in one form or another, and our dogs tend to bring that instinct out in us. Women are natural care-givers, they like to make sure their families and warm and full of food, safe and comfortable. So if you not only protect a woman when she needs it, but let her turn the tables and take care of and protect you now and again she'll fulfil her nurturing need and probably love you all the more for it.
3) Appreciate all she does. You feed your dog his dinner, he goes crazy with appreciation. You take your dog for his walk (the same walk you take him on every single day) and he acts like you've just done him the biggest favor in the universe. Five minutes playing his favorite game with you he can't contain his joy. The list goes on and on. And this one's an easy one - who, male or female, in this world doesn't like to feel appreciated?! So when your girl does something nice for you, whether its something big or something little, show some genuine heartfelt appreciation. It'll go a long way.
4) Be excited to see her no matter what. After a long day at work my brain is tired, my feet are aching, and then I walk in the door to the happiest creature in the universe. Every single day. My dog is there at the front door waiting like clockwork - looking up, his eyes bright and tail wagging non-stop. He runs in circles he's so excited, barely pausing long enough to get his petting. That pure happiness immediately wipes away the stress of the day and I can't help but smile. Anyone can make a woman feel that good, and bring a smile to here face - you just have to be truly happy to see her, every time. So stop when you're doing when she walks in the door, run over with a smile, a hug and a kiss. She'll smile too.
5) Play and be silly. There's so much seriousness in all of our lives, that it's often nice to enjoy the small happy moments. A dog chasing a ball or happily squeaking a toy - seeing another creature so purely happy and joyful makes us all feel a little more youthful. It encourages you to be silly yourself, and let a little stress out. When I see my dog happily playing I can't help but want to join in. So it goes to follow, if a woman sees a man enjoying the small things, loving his life and maybe being a little silly and childlike (or puppy-like!) in the process there's a good chance she might want to join in on the fun....or at least watch for awhile with a smile.
6) Snuggle. Another easy one. First thing when he gets up in the morning, my dog is always at his most snuggly. He comes right up next to my leg, and nuzzles his head against me, and then continues to sleepily snuggle as I bend down to pet him. Physical affection is one thing that undoubtedly bonds those in a relationship. So whether you're in a brand new relationship or you've been married 50 years, take a cue from our furry friends and never stop snuggling.
7) Love Unconditionally. Usually I'm a pretty happy put together gal. But sometimes I have a bad day and I'm feeling mopey or grumpy, like nothing can go my way (and I admit, I even take it out on those around me at times). Other days I'm in a hurry and can't be bothered to fix my hair or put on any makeup. But without fail, no matter my mood or how I look my German Shepherd loves me with all of his heart. I'm the center of his universe and I can do no wrong (even when to all others I'm clearly not right). That kind of unconditional love makes me feel secure, it makes me feel cherished, it makes me feel better about myself and it makes better whatever mood I'm in. Woman want to feel loved, but more than that they want to know that once you give them your love it's theirs no matter what. And if you make her feel that way, my guess is the sentiment will be returned.
8) Use your puppy dog eyes. There's no doubt, we all mess up. We all beg for something we really want on occasion. What's the sure fire way for my dog to get that extra treat he can't live without? Or the way for him to instantly earn my forgiveness after he chews up a pair of designer shoes? We all know the look, the puppy dog eyes. Don't abuse it or overuse it.....but when you know you've messed up, you've said you're sorry and all you want is to make it better, look at a woman with those big soulful puppy dog eyes. If she loves you (which by now she probably does if you've followed the rest of my tips) ;o) forgiveness with come sooner that you think.