- Gender and Relationships»
- Relationship Problems & Advice
How to recover from a broken relationship?
Breaking up is never fun. It involves a lot of discomfort, anxiety, stress and self pity. Most often, it is accompanied by pain and hurt. To some people, it may even result to undesirable actions as a result of rejection and the lost of a loved one. It is never easy to move on especially on the first few days, weeks and months. The transition period is the most difficult to tackle as the person goes on with his/her life from being double to single again. There will be a lot of sleepless nights, contemplating, reminiscing and tears shed especially for women trying to figure out where the relationship went wrong and why it ended so badly.
So what exactly should the person do in order to recover from a broken relationship? Here are some ways that can probably help out to make you whole again as person, heal that broken heart and enjoy life once more.
1. Acknowledge the hurt and the pain you are feeling right now. As what they say facing your fears will make you strong.
2. Acceptance of the truth. Stop the denial stage and accept the truth that the relationship is over.
3. See the break up in a positive way. Look at it as a new beginning for new opportunities to come your way. A new relationship to establish with a better person to come in your life in the coming days.
4. Do a self evaluation. Spend time to know yourself more. What exactly you want to achieve in your life?
5. Focus on improving yourself especially on those areas where you lack and aim for a better YOU. Improve on all those weak points to become an interesting and lovable person that you are.
6. Forgive yourself and your ex-partner. Free yourself of all anger, guilt, and resentment so that there will be room in your heart to love again.
7. Love yourself more. If during the past relationship, you love yourself less because you are so focus on pleasing your ex-partner. This time do yourself a favour and pamper yourself with good things.
8. Take time to explore new adventures and new challenges. Do things that you have never done before when you have your ex-partner. Don’t be afraid to try on new things.
9. Find yourself a good friend. Someone you can hang out with. Ready to listen and help you get back on track with your life. Someone who can offer you a good encouragement and positive motivation.
10. Stop dwelling on the past relationship. Keep away all things that reminded you of your ex-partner. Stop all communication line. Stop going to places where you and your ex-partner go.
11. Make a decision to change. A decision to begin a new life. A decision to begin a new YOU...
12. Spend time on prayers. Lay down all burdens, pain and hurt before God. Remember that His grace will help you through. He heals the broken hearted.
13. Have a positive mind set. Remember it is not the end of the world and there are plenty of fishes to catch in the ocean. Open your eyes, your mind and your heart to others. You might be surprise of what you will discover along the way.
14. Keep yourself busy all the time. Do not leave room to think of the painful break-up. Find yourself a positive diversion. It can either be work, hobby or favourite past time that you want to do or probably get a vacation holiday for a change of environment and to give yourself a break.
15. Invest on yourself. Spend time and money on personal make-over, new clothes, sports activity and relaxation.
Life is too short and precious to make a season of mourning be a lifetime of mourning for you. Get up and be a VICTOR and not a victim! Don’t let this bad circumstance keep you down and take you away from what God has intended to enjoy!