- Gender and Relationships
Pickup Lines For HubPages
Have you ever used a pick up line?
I never thought that a simple and innocent act like opening some fan mail would result in a pickup line. I’m not sure if it was meant that way, but it sure as heck sounded like it. It was short and sweet and didn’t offer much of an explanation. Therefore, it was open to my often impetuous interpretation. And, as I haven’t had much in the way of face to face human interaction lately, what with being locked away in my little apartment and forced to write hubs to gain my freedom, my mind wandered. The end result was, it could only be construed as an obvious cry for my attention. What else could “you have nice hubs” possibly mean? I was clearly being hit on by an adoring fan. [Insert shy blush here]
This led me to ponder if there might be other pickup lines in our HubPages world. Not finding many, I decided to create my own (ok, I was bored), should the need ever arise where I might be in need of one (highly unlikely, but stranger things have happened). So, with that, I present for your entertainment, my favorite HubPages pickup lines. Please feel free to use them at the next singles meet.
Pick Up Lines
1. You have nice hubs.
2. You are SEO; Search Engine Opulent!
3. Do you write here often?
4. I was on my way to check out the latest “Weekly Topic Inspiration” forum, but now that I’ve met you, I’ve got all the inspiration I need.
5. I hear billybuc is throwing one of his famous “Google Search” parties and I was wondering if you’d like to go with me.
6. I was hub hopping and just had to leave you a comment.
7. Wanna compare Hub Scores?
8. I need a model for my photo essay hub, can I take your picture?
9. I’ll share your hub if you share mine.
10. I voted you up, beautiful and awesome!
11. Can I have your backlink, I seem to have misplaced mine?
12. If you were mine, I’d make you my Hub of the Day every day.
13. Where is your follow button so I can click on it?
14. Are you really that beautiful, or did Docmo draw you that way?
15. And my ultimate favorite: I leave for the ’30 hubs in 30 days challenge’ tomorrow and I’m not sure if I’m going to make it back.
The next time you feel compelled to drop someone some fan mail, think about it carefully before you hit that send button. And make sure you are conveying the message you really want to get across. You just never know if the person on the receiving end of the message might mistake it for something more or something less than you intended. If they think like me or some of my slightly off fellow scribes, you might be in trouble (in a fun sort of way). For the most part, we are all writers, and if we can’t get our message across in a fan mail, what does that say about our hubs and other written work? This has been a Public Service Announcement brought to you by the citizens of Terryeville (a bear and spider free environment).