- Gender and Relationships»
- Weddings & Wedding Planning
Inspiring Quotes For Weddings
“How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of being and ideal grace.
I love thee to the level of every day's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for right.
I love thee purely, as they turn from praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints. I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.”
~Elizabeth Barrett Browning (1806-1861)~
Throughout time there have been many quotes about love and relationships written. Some are romantic, some are funny and, well, some leave a lot to be desired. Regardless of whether they are quotes from Shakespeare or Dr. Seuss, or whether they make us laugh or cry, they somehow manage to evoke certain moods or spark those profound feelings that we have for others.
A wedding day is one of the most memorable of days in one’s life. Oftentimes, part of that special day are the words that couples say to each other or write down. It can be the special words written on invitations. It’s the sweet notes that are attached to gifts the happy couple exchange on the morning of their wedding day. Perhaps it’s the precious exchange expressed during the vows. Maybe it is those emotional words that are spoken by loved ones during a speech. These special and memorable words help to set the mood of the affair. They are also meaningful and remain with us forever.
Unfortunately, we are not all writers or poets and sometimes choosing the right words can be a little daunting for some. We all want the words to reflect the person, the occasion, the atmosphere. There are certainly enough quotes to choose from whether we are searching through books, magazines or online. However, the problem is just that, where do we begin with so much out there in the universe for us to select from?
Perhaps the following quotes might help you choose the words you are looking for, or at the very least inspire you.
1) Two souls but a single thought, Two hearts that beat as one. ~John Keats~
2) I don’t ask you to love me always like this, but I ask you to remember. Somewhere inside of me there will always be the person I am tonight. ~F. Scott Fitzgerald~
3) From this day forward you shall not walk alone. My heart will be your shelter and my arms will be your home. ~Anonymous~
4) For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife and they will become one flesh. ~Genesis 2:24~
5) He stole my heart so I am planning revenge....I am going to take his last name. ~Author Unknown~
6) Remember, we all stumble; everyone of us. That is why it is such a comfort to go hand in hand. ~Emily Kimbrough~
7) If ever two were one then surely we. If ever man were loved by wife than thee. ~Anne Bradstreet~
8) To keep your marriage brimming with love in the marriage cup, whenever you’re wrong, admit it; whenever you’re right, shut up. ~Ogden Nash~
9) Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. ~1 Corinthians 13:7~
10) I love her and that is the beginning and end of everything. ~F. Scott Fitzgerald~
11) In a sea of people, my eyes will always search for you. ~Modern Wedding Magazine~
12) A Wedding Wish: A marriage is a promise that two hearts gladly make, a promise to be tender, to help, to give and take. A marriage is a promise to be kind and understanding, to be thoughtful and considerate, fair and undemanding. A marriage is a promise to share one life together, a love filled promise meant to be, kept lovingly forever. ~Naturally Irish Gifts~
13) And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make. ~The Beatles~
14) When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. ~When Harry Met Sally~
15) To face the future with another - who means more than any other - is to be loved. ~The Rescuers~
16) In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you. ~Jane Austen~
17) A happy marriage is a long conversation which always seems too short. ~Andre Maurois.
18) You are my every reason, every hope and every dream I’ve ever had, and no matter what happens to us in the future, everyday we are together is the greatest day of my life. I will always be yours. ~The Notebook~
19) Marriages are like fingerprints; each one is different and each one is beautiful. ~Maggie Reyes~
20) The real act of marriage takes place in the heart, not in the ballroom, church or synagogue. It’s a choice you make not just on your wedding day, but over and over again and that choice is reflected in the way you treat your husband or wife. ~Barbara De Angelis~
21) Dude, did you take happiness insurance before applying for marriage? It can’t be done later. Happy Wedding Day! ~Author Unknown~
22) Once in awhile, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale. ~Anonymous~
23) Marriage is....sharing life with your best friend, enjoying the journey along the way and arriving at every destination....together! ~Fawn Weaver~
24) Loving someone is a leap of faith, you are giving them your heart and trusting them not to break it....no matter what happens, I will still never regret making that leap for you. ~The Bridal Box~
25) Love isn’t perfect. It isn’t a fairytale or a storybook and it doesn’t always come easy. Love is overcoming obstacles, facing challenges, fighting to be together, holding on and never letting go. It is a short word, easy to spell, difficult to define and impossible to live without. Love is work, but most of all, love is realizing that every hour, every minute, every second of it was worth it because you did it together. ~Author Unknown~
There are a plethora of quotes and sayings to choose from out there. Hopefully these few heartfelt quotes will help you in your quest to find the perfect words!