Ladies, Wondering Why The Phone Calls/Text Messages Stopped? -50 reasons straight from men on why- Stephanie Bailey
Ladies, most of us have been in the situation at one point or another in our lives where we think we had the perfect date, made a strong connection or had the best sex with a guy, and we can't understand why he decided to stop reaching out without any kind of an explanation.
What did you do or say to turn him off? Why suddenly is he "just not that into you?" Ouch!
Not hearing back from a guy is not only frustrating, but also disappointing, especially if you thought there was a connection. Oh, and not hearing back is definitely a huge blow to the ego. Of course at the end of the day, not everyone is going to be your perfect puzzle piece, and like Princes Tiana—sometimes you have to kiss many frogs, before you find your lifetime Prince.
Until you find your true Prince, try hard to not blame yourself. In reality, it is really only a lack of a connection, chemistry or attraction—in other words, being together was not the perfect fit. But still, not knowing can be frustrating, esteem lowering and depending on how long you were dating...a little heart breaking.
Since the topic of why he stopped calling/texting (or just never called after meeting) is usually the hot topic of conversation among single woman, I have decided to do some research and get actual answers from the mouths of men. I contacted eight of my eligible, good looking, successful guy friends of different nationalities and different ages to find out why the phone calls/text messages stop—and this is what they said...
50 reasons why men lose interest:
1. Too clingy/too nice
2. You don't keep his interest or conversation doesn't flow
3. To manly/masculine—vibe/personality or too independent— “doesn’t need a man” attitude.
4. Boring—no sense of adventure
5. Different values
6. Messy place (apartment, house)
7. Too many mind games
8. High maintenance or materialistic
9. Sex too soon or sex not soon enough
10. Bad or boring sex
12. You have kids & didn't tell him immediately
13. You can't hold your liquor—you drank too much on first date/several—stumbling, slurring, puking
14. Hard core party girl—does illegal drugs
15. You're selfish, wanting all the attention
16. You try to change the guy
17. He is hoping for momentum to build, to "just feel it" or "just know" and that doesn't happen / not what he expected
20. Too sensitive/doesn't handle situations well
21. Too wild/too slutty
22. The chemistry is not great, doesn't build, or something starts to turn him off, bad kisser
23. Not in-tune with your body and sensuality
24. Didn't see you as long term to spend the rest of his life with
25. You assume a phone call is a sign that he wants more (probably more than what he's ready for)
26. Too much drama talk about your job, ex, and friends
27. He's dating other women—priority to call/put in effort isn't there
28. Doesn't want to hurt your feelings—worried you can't handle rejection
29. Bad body odor or bad breath
30. He's distracted by dating, work, family, etc. (probably likes the girl but not “falling in love”—otherwise, he'd be calling no matter how distracted he is)
31. Beautiful on the outside, but no common sense or intellect
32. You don't take care of yourself physically (nails, hair, trimming)
33. Just saw as physical "specimen"—once captured the chase is over
34. You are lazy/no work ethic
35. Too much talk about the future, plans, marriage, kids
36. Too much personal info right away or you talk about yourself too much
37. Checking your phone constantly
38. Doesn't make an effort to pay—a true gentleman would never expect you to pay but make an effort at least
39. You don't dress well or wear clothes that fit your body type
40. Consistently can't make a decision
41. The guy is afraid of commitment, growing up, or getting serious
42. He determines there is no future - nothing in common
43. You're too hairy—bikini, legs, armpits, face
44. Zero etiquette, swears too much, eats too much, interrupts
45. Too much political/religious talk
46. Too set in your ways /not willing to break routine/not versatile
47. Doesn't look the same as first remembered & or looks different naked
48. Rude or bitchy
49. He is waiting for you to call or text him back & too much time goes by...awkward
50. He assumed you were different than you were—once actually dating
**note: this list is not in order of importance**
Although some of these reasons may be hard to swallow, it’s not as though we don't have our own turn-offs too! Although it's hurtful when a guy doesn't call again, hopefully this list will give you some insight and clarity that you deserve. In guy terms, "it is what it is."
Ladies, please don't get discourage from this list—it's to help you gain some clarity as well as understanding as to why you probably did not hear from a guy again. Personally, regardless of this list, he should be respectful enough (and frankly, man enough) to at least tell you that he's not interested. But, that's usually too much to ask from most men. So, instead of worrying your pretty head, pick up your pride—and your heart, and know that the right guy will love you....for exactly who you are.
P.S. If you enjoy my writing, please help me become more known by clicking on the links above—Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, and following me here on HubPages. I appreciate it! Sending you light and love! ;)