- Gender and Relationships
My Teen Daughter Is A Brat --Teenage Issues
SO YOUR DAUGHTER IS A BRAT?
Just think about the reasons and maybe you can come up with and answer. Be open minded and sum up the reasons why? Or maybe how? How did she get to this point, where, or perhaps why she cannot stand you, and your spouse anymore..?
IN THE BEGINNING...
- Back in the days, if we made a mistake our butts would be theirs...!
- There were not iPads, no realities shows that promote this behavior.
- We as kids were happy with less. Not a penny more, maybe a penny less.
- Parents and great gandparents did work hard for this Country and we learned from them.
- Moral were carried from home to school and back...home.
- The minute you wanted to leave home, they showed you the door. Not in Kansas anymore.
- Education was of the best quality, and or course, Teachers were valued and paid above today's standards.
- Praying was encouraged at home and out of the House.
- You were shown how to earn those cents at the field with grandpa or those summer jobs.
- Your parents hard work was enough example to keep you from getting astray.
SO I KIND OF GUESS WHY MY KID...
Your kid was born crying and you fell sorry and kept him/her in your arms. From the very first second, they learned to see the power of whining. Nature gave them to us and we took over, not knowing yet how to behave as parents. Sounds familiar?
Because we have more resources like HDTV, Internet and that state-of-the-art game with surround sound, our kid, in this case our daughter sees the world differently. Just after learning to say the word, 'I want,' you knew something was not right.
From day one their world was them and only them: The bottle on time, those 25 or more toys for Christmas. And mommy, and daddy, would clean right after them. Right Lindsay?
We fed a monster, sorry to say it but it is the right word. Have your daughter ever, who is already a brat, told you that she loves you without being asked for? Mostly they were texting Josh and Margie.
When they knew that saying, 'I want,' opened to them so many possibilities, they moved to the next level, which started with School: Problems with friends, asking the latest portable game or ditching your homemade lunch for candy.
The stupid Barney didn't help either! Nickelodeon taught them how to make a mess with that green slime and not even worry about the clean up. Between you and me. check for that underwear under her bed, or the bubble gum under your own mom's antique table.
A brat was created by our environment...and yes, you can add your own temper or ways. If you still have a 3 years old daughter at home, you are still on time to reverse the curse by raising that voice and being clear in rewarding a good behavior. Just think of Prince Charles with Lady Diana, trying to set the rules for little 3 years old William and baby Harry. It doesn't mother if you are a King or a peasant, you were named a parent(without asking?) and you have to be strong from the beginning. Sure, yeah right!! You wanted to be softer than your own parents that beat the heck out of you...with that cable TV belt. OMG!
If your Daughter is already 14 and has that, 'I'm a freaking brat' T-shirt on, then you are screwed. What can you do? Hard to tell you by now, but we will try: (I said..will try)
- Warn them that Facebook will be closed and their freaking cell, will be donated if they continue with those rants.
- Do not shoot the laptop like these cowboy on YouTube, just take it away when #1 was carried away, with vengeance.
- Praise good behavior and spend quality time with them.
- Most brats live with a single parent and that set the alarm when dad/mom left.
- If rule #1 doesn't scare them, take away something that they love the most (Cable, games, not allowed to visit Cindy, just to meet the boyfriend you never knew about)
- One day do this one: sit on the table and poke your nose and serve their meal without washing your hands. If they complain, you better get ready to answer why!
- Start to tell them how were in your teen years, even though they think you are a F##tard like this Bieber, keep on. Remember, your 'talk' against that 2012 reality show.
- Pre teens are developing their mind and body, so all of them are reacting differently to what's out of their world. You never study to be a parent, but for the sake of love, you will learn how to deal with them.
- Unfortunately shows like, 'Is a wonderful life,' doesn't appeal to them anymore. So you will have to start to dowload kris Brown's grammy song, with free expletive text messages... to your own cell. Sorry John Lennon!
- So it sounds like are dealing with an addict, an addict to a selfish society. You've ever noticed how they text all day and don't even look at you? Did you notice how they text to their friend next to them on the same couch? Come on brat Tifanny! Keep it real!
- If possible show them what could happen to them if they never change: Take them for a tour to the closest juvenal center. Log on to Live leak dot com, and show them those teens that were killed after that night of boost and binge. Sorry...but if you don't have a choice, deal with this addiction meeting the Cancer of this society.
- If this doesn't work, but I believe in you parent!! If this doesn't work, tell them how much you love them and keep on trying. Counseling might help too. Sometimes they will never tell you why they were mad at you; they will trust a friend before you... and that is sad!
- Why I never mentioned physical punishment? They know if you do, they dial that 1 digit on their cells that is 'hooked up' to dial that 911... and they will leave the cell on, and push you to the limit... so Sargent Schmidt, with enough evidence, can send the SWAT team on you.