- Gender and Relationships»
- Weddings & Wedding Planning
Picking A Color Palette For Your Wedding Day
So You're Getting Married.
That's wonderful. Congratulations. That being said we need to get down to business. The thing you need to do now, yes now, is to start thinking color.
The color or colors you choose for your wedding will help set the tone of the whole thing. You need to put a lot of thought into color schemes. One you have pick out the basic main color your planning will all become easier.
How do you choose the main color? Do you pick your favorite color? Absolutely not. It's not that easy. You have to take into consideration the venue, the time of year, and the place you will be holding the wedding.
Don't forget whatever color or colors you pick will be incorporated into the bridesmaids dresses, the décor at the church and reception, the flowers, the favors, the cake, and anything else related to that special day.
I know, it's starting to sound a bit overwhelming. Relax, it's not as hard as you might be thinking. Besides I am here to help you, step by step.
Choosing A Color Scheme
1. First and foremost you need to choose a neutral color. Always pick at least one color that goes with every other color out there such as white, beige, ivory, or off-white. You will need a light color to help compliment your chosen main color or colors to include in the flowers, décor, invitations, and such. To many bold or bright colors or too big of an array of color will take the attention off of the beautiful bide where it belongs.
2. At least one bold color is also important to choose. You can use it for décor, the bridesmaid dresses, invitations, and flowers as an accent.
3. Make sure you only choose 4 colors or less. If you have too many colors it becomes busy and confusing.
4.You need to do some research. Make sure you can get what you need in the colors that you have chosen.
5.Make sure that the rose color you just adore in one thing blends with the rose color by another manufacturer. Not all rose colors (or blues, purples, greens, etc.) are the same.
6.If you are having a problem picking out a set of colors, go with a theme. Look online. There are plenty of themes for you to choose from.
Popular Color Picks For 2016
Don't be afraid to put different colors together. Of course, don't go hog wild and put orange with pink or anything like that but do try colors that are outside your ordinary scope for accent colors.
- For the summer wedding with a ocean theme or casual but elegant theme try using various shades of navy, ice blue, charcoal, and orchid. They blend together beautifully.
- For the sweet and in love theme try a blending of differing shades of a dusky royal blue, a clear ocean blue, a creamy light rose, and a charcoal. Keep in mind you want to vary a little from all of the blue and pastels.
- Metallics are really popular this year, especially in rustic themed weddings. Experiment with a metallic golden tan, stark white, a bright coral, and a light grey metallic shade. It may sound dull but when you put it all together it is perfect for those fun loving horsey sets. Beside, the metallic sheens do brighten things up a bit.
For the garden type theme try putting together a few colors for the magical touch. Try pairing plum with snow white, burgundy, and some lavender. They ware a magical, sweet combination.
- For those looking to show how fun and playful they are as a couple try pastels as a base for your wedding. How about blending together lavender, carnation pink, sweet light grey, and turquoise together. They are playful lighthearted colors.
- For the ever popular holiday themed wedding of course you will go with a red ad a major color. Try Christmas red, forest green, snow white, and a touch of metallic gold.
Whatever you end up choosing, make it your own. Don't be afraid to try different shades of each color until you feel that it is just right for you.
- Rustic Barn Wedding Ideas For The Bride On A Budget
You've decided to get married in a barn? This unique venue presents its' own charms and challenges. Learn how to make your barn wedding the wedding of your dreams!
- Beautiful Online Wedding Invitations
Have you ever considered buying wedding invitations online? If you haven't thought about it, you should. Online you has access to an unbelievable variety of wedding invitations. You are sure to find one perfect for you. Not only that, if you...
- Wedding Traditions and Superstitions
Did you know that the color of choice for a wedding gown has not always been white? Back in Victorian times you could wear a wedding gown in any color you choose. Of course, wearing black to your own wedding was considered to be bad luck. White did..
- Wedding Quotes and Fun Facts
Wedding still life Pixabay "The real act of marriage takes place in the heart, not in the ballroom or church or synagogue. It's a choice you make / not just on your wedding day, but over and over again / and that choice is reflected in the way you...
- Wedding Etiquette-Who Pays For What?
Your wedding day is coming up, no one is sure who is responsible for what expense. Of course, you can arrange expenses anyway you wish. If you want to know the time-honored way you will find it here