- Gender and Relationships»
- Weddings & Wedding Planning
Gift Ideas for A Bridal Shower
Practical Gift Ideas for Bride and Groom
While a punchbowl set is lovely, and silver and china are very elegant, most newlywed couples will not be able to make much use of them. There are many more useful and practical gifts that a newly married couple will be able to use every day.
Most of these items may be on the gift registry, but most of these will likely not be on the registry.
Here are some practical and useful wedding and bridal shower gifts that are sure to be appreciated.
The bathroom can be a comforting respite and feel like a spa.
- plush absorbent rugs
- large soft his and her towels
- towel rack
- soaps and bath oils with beautiful fragrances
- liquid soaps and lotions
Cleaning supplies aren't generally thought of as gifts, but are necessary items and make wonderful gifts.
- vacuum cleaner
- broom and mop
- window cleaner, duster, kitchen wipes, furniture polish, sponges, toilet brush and toilet cleaner
- hamper, laundry basket, laundry detergent, fabric softener, bleach, and stain remover
- seasonal items like show shovel, road salt, and rake
Money Management Supplies
Young couples starting out may not have developed a bill paying system, so they could use some software that helps them budget their money and pay their bills. Some printer paper, stamps and envelopes can help them keep up with their correspondence.
Tool Kit from Amazon
It's usually when a tool is needed that most new couples realize that they are missing the basic tools they actually use from time to time. A tool box with the following supplies would make a great gift:
- flat head and Phillips head screwdriver
- duct tape
- tape measure
- assortment of nails and screws
Kitchen items may be one of the first things people think of when thinking about useful gifts. Sure appliances like a toaster, blender, chopper, and coffee maker make great gifts, and a set of dishes, glasses, cups, and pots and pans are probably on the registry, but how about these other things?
- Food staples like sugar, spices, oil, and cornstarch
- Utensils like can opener, mixing bowls, measuring cups
- Linens like tablecloth, place-mats, potholders, and kitchen towels
- Comfortable mat they can stand on while washing the dishes and dishwashing detergent
- paper goods like paper towels, plastic wrap, wax paper, foil paper, freezer and sandwich bags, pad of paper for grocery lists
- plastic containers so they can freeze their own food
- cookbooks, especially one with their favorite recipes in it
- coffee mugs
- monogrammed silverware
Car and Safety Equipment
Safety gifts are very important but rarely remembered.
- auto club membership
- jumper cables
- tire gauge
- first aid kit
- cell phone payment or card
- road map or GPS
- battery powered radio
- matches and candles
- windshield scraper and gloves
- road salt
Wedding Day Emergency Kit from Amazon
Items for the Wedding and Honeymoon
- snack foods and restaurant coupons and gift certificates they can take on their honeymoon to save some money
- gas card for road trip
- travel gift set - small toiletries and other necessities
- camera, battery and memory card
- phone card so they can call home
You want the newlywed couple to feel comfortable while sharing their bedroom. You can outfit the bed or other parts of the room.
- soft luxurious down comforters and blankets
- beautiful quilts
- lap tray for breakfast in bed
- alarm clock
- photo frames and decorative items
- robes and slippers
One of many spa sets available on Amazon
Instead of sending them out to a spa, you can provide the supplies for them to have a spa at home.
- skin care or bath products, including shampoo and lotions
- candles and a bottle of wine
- pretty night clothes and robe
- luxurious bath towels
- luxurious bath mat
- gift certificates to restaurants and events for date nights
- her favorite makeup
- her favorite perfume
Creative and Unique Gifts for Bridal Showers and Weddings
Don't limit yourself to these ideas. There are so many things that your bride and groom need, that it seems a shame to give them impractical gifts that they put in the closet to collect dust.
By thinking about the way the couple will live their lives, and the things they will need on a regular basis, you will be able to come up with useful and practical things that will be used and appreciated right away.