- Gender and Relationships»
Short Term Goals (and Long Term too!) for Newly Weds
Just Got Married!!
The picture above is taken during our wedding day. Yeah, that is my husband and I. After 8 years of being in a relationship, we have finally made our vows. We got married last October 22, 2012 (so we've been married for almost 2 months as of this writing).
Being married is a different thing from being together as boyfriend-girlfriend. Together, we have set our goals as newlyweds and we are currently doing our part to attain those goals in life.
Our Goals as Newly Weds
- Help our parents in every way that we can. We still do not forgot our responsibilities as a son and daughter to our parents. Even though we are married, we are making sure that we are helping our parents financially, physically, emotionally, or in any way that we can. Our roles as our parents' children do not stop when I carry my husband's surname. As of now, our priority is to make our parents feel that we do not forget them, that we are still their children, and that we will never stop helping them.
- Save for the future. Everytime that we receive our salary, we make sure that we have our own savings. Everything is in control. We do the budgeting every month and we make sure that all the bills are paid, we have money for extra expenses, and we have money to keep for the future.
- Family Planning. Not everybody is getting married because they already have kids. In our case, we do not have a child yet and we still have no plans on making one. We are not using condoms or pills though. Instead, calendar method is good enough. It is not 100% reliable but its okay because we are married. If the baby comes unexpectedly, then she is considered as a real blessing (yeah, I am assuming that we will have a baby GIRL first!).
- Investments. This is a part of our long term goal because we know that it is hard to get a good investment especially for us who are just starting out. Our plans include investing for a house and lot, apartment, and small business. Finances, knowledge, and good resources are still needed so we are still planning it out.
Those are the only goals listed as of now. I will continuously update this hub whenever we have another goal in life. Enjoying our time together as a newly wedded couple is what we are doing right now and for a couple of months (I guess!).