Subtext: Decode His Texting Styles
Men and women communicate differently, but when the added barrier of technology comes into place, we might as find out that we are speaking different language.Scroll down and get to know him better through this ultimate guide to decoding his texting behavior.
HIS TEXTING TYPEs
1) THE APPARITION
- What he does: Sure, you guys go out. You have fun. But in between those dates, his name rarely appears in your inbox. And if he does manage to send you a quote, it's probably a group text to the people he considers his "friends" - which obviously includes you. Ouch! Worse, the only get a decent conversation with him is if you text first. Admit it, your texting life with this guy is practically non-existent.
- What you should do: Ditch him. If he can't make an effort to start small talk, on SMS, then he's clearly not worth your time, attention, and money (cellphone bill)..
2. THE PLAY.BY.PLAY
- What he does: You go out. You have fun. The next day, he follow through and texts...and texts.. And TEXTS! This dude probably invented unlimited texting, and he did so that he can "report" to you every single hour. Compare to his complete opposite, The Apparition, texting probably takes up most of his life. Notice the Band-Aid on his thumb?
- What you should do? If the non-stop updates work for you, then it's all good. It just goes to show that he's into you. If its borderline annoying, tell him to ease up a bit.
3. THE SHORTCUT
- What he does: He thinks texting is "charge-by-the-letter" thing. That's why he'll reply with the ever famous "K" after receving a detailed account of your day. He'll invite you to a romantic dinner, then confirm by saying, "C U." Texting with him is, well, just like texting with your dad! Too busy? Probably. Boring? Definitely!
- What you should do? Force him to load up and make him call you.
4. THE ROBOT
- What he does: He has no space for exclamation points, smileys, emoticons, and other signs of human life in his messages. You can't even get a "hehe" after sending him a joke. Yes, he replies with complete, grammatically correct thoughts, and he won't disappear in the middle of an exchange. But he lacks that human touch that will make you go, "Aww!" and save his text / message in a special folder. Why so serious, Mister?
- What you should do. Find ways to liven up the conversation. Or better yet, joke about how putting that little "U" at the end of his messages won't cost him an extra dime or so.
* NOTE: Your guy can be one, all, or none of these types. But rember: at the end of the day, it's still best to go for the honest, old-school, face-to-face interaction - which is actually a great excuse to see him more often."