20 Things Not to Say to Dad When it's Time to Mow The Lawn
(Notice photo below the one below) you are seeing history in a snapshot. A teenage boy actually outside in the hot sun cutting the grass. And to top it off, he is not grimacing or saying vulgarities underneath is breath.
What you do not see in this photo are the millions of little wheels inside his head just-a twirling away, devising new and unheard of ways to get out of this drudgery.
And he and his type, knifing and lazy, guys did succeed from this time, the 50's way into the early 1990's. What a run, huh?
But their cleverly-designed excuses like: "Sorry, dad. I have this term-paper I have to finish over the weekend," started flopping like a beached sailfish because dad's, (while the slacking teenage boys were growing wiser), were evolving into a wiser parental figure. And the once-useful lies used by these lazy guys no longer worked--and "junior," was made to help mow the grass.
In the 50's, lawn-mowing was a family affair
History frozen in a snapshot
Just take a look
at this robust teenage guy helping his pop mow the grass when he could be like his friends hanging at the soda shop looking at movie magazines, or just "shooting the breeze," like teen guys and most guys are prone to do.
But like I mentioned, the wheels in his young head are working overtime to create a believable lie to tell dad the next time he asks for is help with mowing the grass.
And while I am at it, just where is pop? He is not in this photo. Oh well. I can only assume that he is spending some "quality time," with his wife, who by the way, is an identical-twin to Donna Reed.
Kirk Cameron, famous television and film star "gets into the act" of cutting the grass
OTHER FAMOUS GUYS WHO HAVE OR STILL DO MOW THEIR OWN LAWNS:
- Robert Downey, Jr.
- Jon Provost - "Timmy Martin," of the Lassie series
- Jay Leno
- Phil Shaeffer - band leader on Tonight Show with David Letterman
- Steve Martin
- John McEnrow - men's tennis legend
- Bret Favre
- Jerry Rice, legendary NFL receiver
So, teen guys . . .you are in great company.
Before I give you teen guys
My "Things Not to Say to Dad When it's Time to Mow The Lawn," I want to share with you a few of the things dad's used to tell their son's why it is important for them to mow the grass.
- Son, it's good for you
- It will help you create a good work ethic
- You will learn responsibility
- You can learn to manage your money
- Mowing grass is great cardio-vascular exercise
- You are not other guys--I said get out of bed here at 12 noon and mow the lawn
- All American guys cut grass
Even 20-something's couples agree that, "There is just something magical about mowing grass."
Teen buys everywhere are re-learning how to mow grass
And now . . .what you have been waiting on
" 20 Things Not to Tell Dad When it's Time to Mow The Lawn"
- Dad, I am struggling this morning with some homosexual feelings.
- I am depressed, dad, because I need help passing Physical Ed.
- Has mom not has sex with you or something?
- Hey, pop, chill-out. There's always next Saturday.
- Dad, I have to catch some zzzz's. I was up all night talking my buddy, "Al," through a crisis.
- I think I will to and talk with Pastor Ned about a spiritual problem I have.
- Dad, look. I stepped into some grasshoppers in the grass and I think one bit me.
- Dad, give me fifteen-minutes, and I will be right there.
- I am expecting a call from my girlfriend.
- My girlfriend said to call her when I wake-up.
- Can I eat breakfast first?
- I do not feel so hot today, dad.
- Dad, will you rush me to the emergency room? I feel faint.
- Dad, mom said last week for you to take me to the men's clothing store downtown and let me pick-out some good-looking sneakers.
- Don't you have bills to pay or something?
- Dad, I will help you pay for someone to cut the grass for you.
- Is it not my sister's turn today? A seven-year-old can be taught to run a mower.
- I need to take "Patch," to the vet for his yearly-shots.
- Is that the phone ringing?
- I do not remember you as being my dad?
A Sure-Fire way to get your teen son to mow the grass
Now, if you all will excuse me
I need to go and check my own lawn to see if it needs a good mowing.
"Thanks to my Cherished-Followers, and non-followers, for reading this helpful hub."